This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear....

I did a google search and it seems the former thread was archived. If not, can the mods merge them somehow? So it was a way to vent minor irritations or things you feel you can't say to someone right now. I would say input from the board is welcome, though you could say you prefer not to have it on your post if you wanted to.

Dear Mom,
    Thanksgiving weekend, you: "I don't care about holiday decorating. I'm old and I don't take pleasure in the things I used to. That's your deal." You basically got annoyed at me for wanting to talk about it which ended up in an argument because it wasn't really about the holidays. It was about you being dismissive. And you did not get that. I had my say and let it drop.

Middle of December: I ended up decorating the tree myself at your request because you were tired. I didn't even want one. Brother did. And I ended up doing the work. You suddenly got happy about decorations, taking delight in the lights I put up outside and the stocking hanger you made by hand. Well, that was a switch. I guess if Brother wants a holiday you're amenable but if it's me you don't care?

Late January: I suggest we change the welcome sign over to the heart for Valentine's Day. [We just got a handmade sign from her brother which had different substitutes for the O, like a shamrock or Xmas tree, etc.] Your response was that it wasn't February yet. OK, cool; whatever.

Today, 8 days from Valentine's: I bring up the heart for the Welcome sign which I'm willing to climb up and change out. I say something because I don't know where you've put the parts. Your immediate response? An annoyed "I leave decorating to you!" Well, that's simply not true. You took over Xmas decorations, running to the thrift shop multiple times and sewing stuff. Why are you so contradictory? Why is whatever small thing I want to do such a problem for you?

It's because Brother is the Prodigal Son. And you wonder why I sometimes get done working and never leave my desk. You seem to miss me but other times I'm just a bother to you. I gave up my own household and moved to this house for YOU. I'm trying to make it a pleasant place to live while I'm here. I'd chalk this up to you being 72 but it goes further back than that. I just forgot in the last 18 years.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

PM the links to the two threads and I'll take care of it. I take it you'd like this one to be a continuation?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X