This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Pet Peeve...

My area is currently in Level 5 lockdown, yet the hotel I work in is still open. Yeah, I know, hotel accommodations aren't really a necessity for the most part.

But what really has my knickers in a twist is that so many people can't be bothered to call us to tell us they aren't coming. We call them and leave messages to confirm, and we hear nothing back until several hours later when they're like "Oh, we thought you were closed!"

Yeah, how about pick up a phone and call us to confirm. If the hotel WAS closed we'd have call forwarding set up to one of us and we'd answer the phone to tell you...if we hadn't already called you to let you know we're closed.

Don't just assume we're closed, for crying out loud. I really hate sitting here at the front desk for four hours when there's really no need for me to be here at all!

With the admittedly lousy bus service we have now, having switched from fixed routes and schedules to a dial a ride (and hope you get it) service, if you no-show without calling to cancel a couple of times, you can't ride anymore. They take names and have rider profiles.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

One of the folks who no-showed last night HAD paid previously and ended up having to move their stay due to getting called into work. Usually that's no big deal, even though at the time we were going by the 24-hr cancellation process. That payment from back then was to apply to last night's stay. Well, because they didn't have the decency to call at all to cancel or reply to emails/voice mails, that money has been applied to their account as a no-show fee. The next time they want to stay with us, they have to pay all over again. That's going to be a fun one to explain to them.

One of the other no-shows didn't have a credit card on file for us to charge even if we weren't charging for no-shows. And I know it wasn't a reservation I took so that's not on me...I had a chat with the agent who did and reminded him that we shouldn't have held the room for her if she didn't call back that same day to give us her credit card info. Considering he was a supervisor here when I started I would have expected him to know better. Right? Wrong -_-

Comment

Working...
      X