Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the three owners, the several hacks, the troll attacks. there are a LOT of users that I miss Ace of Diamonds Chainsawisgood TheOneJimmyC too many to mention them all
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I miss Gravekeeper's Canadian Monday Night Hoodlums...no wait Monday Night Hats-in-Camo... or something like that
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I was a lurker for several years before finally joining. I have quotes in my quotefile that predate the last major hack (before I joined) that are no longer here.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

My sigs/quotes file is pretty epic, as well, but most come from boards I was on prior to finding out this site existed I have stuff in there that dates back to the 90's.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My quotes come from all over the place -- books, TV, movies, comics, Real Life(TM), etc. But out of almost 17,000 quotes in my files, over 1,000 came from right here on CS.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

I'm guessing 2006 or 2007 for me; wow. And I've had tiny crushes on some members for about that long. Not naming names, though.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's alright, I shall add you to the long list of others and your secret will remain safe
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  I remember the three owners, the several hacks, the troll attacks. there are a LOT of users that I miss Ace of Diamonds Chainsawisgood TheOneJimmyC too many to mention them all
                  Who was the guy that was living in his van in San Diego? And I am not referring to a Chris Farley SNL skit. Was it Kusanagi? I miss his posts. Hope he's OK. I also miss Gravekeeper's sagas but he's still around, just not in that awful job.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  That's alright, I shall add you to the long list of others and your secret will remain safe
                  Well, you are (I assume) adorable. But I daresay you're one of my fan base.
                  Last edited by EricKei; 03-17-2021, 05:04 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

2006 for me. I think I was there before the last hack, so maybe a bit more.
                    Yes, it was Kusanagi, of Ghetto Superstar fame, who went and lived in a van.

Comment

Oh man met too I started reading about 2000 I think? I didn't officially join until later but I've been lurking here for 21 years.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Does anyone else remember the "other" sites related to this one? There was "thebossucks.com", "coworkerssuck.com", "idiotssuck.com", and later they added "patientssuck.com." I think they were all on the same board and one login would work for all the sites. The other sites didn't last long though. They didn't get nearly as much traffic as the main board, and there were sections on that one that made the other boards redundant anyway.

I also remember when I first found this place, a login wasn't required at all. You could post as a guest. This software is capable of allowing that if we really wanted to, but with all the spammers out there now, that would be a bad idea.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          Does anyone else remember the "other" sites related to this one?
                          I don't remember the XXXsucks.com boards BUT I do remember that up until about 6 months before I joined I believe you had to email in your post (I think).
                          Last edited by EricKei; 03-29-2021, 10:32 AM. Reason: Snip
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Looks like I've been here since 07-07-2006, at least this version of the site. I've been through at least two, possibly three versions; I think I first signed up around 1995.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              I think I first signed up around 1995.
                              I didn't know the site has been around that long. In 1995 I was in the navy, either learning how to do my job, doing "new guy" duties on my ship, or heading to the Persian Gulf.

Comment

Working...
                              X