Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing wrong with that. A good portion of my ideas either come from watching tv, or dreams after watching a show.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• okay, I am putting my foot down. If Doctor Who and Torchwood are not canon and Ghostbusters is PARTIALLY canon, I REFUSE to believe that even one SYLLABLE of Lovecraft is anything even wishing to be the imaginings of the shadow of canon.
      In other words, NO CTHULU.
      NONE
      NON
      NI
      NYET
      NEIN

Comment

• Well it is up to the Game Master, as to what is included and what is not. They also decide what is canon and not.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Oh, calm down. You should have figured out by now that the only things that are canon are the most terrifying aspects of all three. We'll get to that.

Also, for those interested in Lovecraft.

But just on lunch so can't do all that much right now.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Okay...
            Great, Mighty, Masterful, Imaginative, and Beneficent DM, your post left me believing there is little to no Ordnung to the Situation, so I had Josiah / Clark take control and try and handle the Cluster-F***.

Comment

• There is structure to an extent. In part it's not apparent because once you get past their "Super Secret Agent" image, the Foundation is actually a very chaotic organization. A great deal of that is due to Black's influence. Also they're just having trouble with containing the EN due to it's nature, as you'll see by the time I finish the post. But still, I forgot to introduce the guy who was going to be in charge last time, so we'll see what happens.

Besides, if you go too far, I can always just arrange for you to meet something appropriately horrible. I haven't used a Celestial yet, after all.

"Chaos is neat" is quickly becoming this whole game's slogan.

Comment

• chaos? check!

disorder? check!

My job here is done...

- direct quote of agent Black
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Try more "Chaos and disorder? It's a good thing I showed up when I did. It sounds like I'm just in time for the fun part."

Also, I forgot in the last post: Today's random FEND fact.
                  "In 1935, a FEND operation destroyed Miskatonic University, a center of occult research and experimentation, as well as the town surrounding it. All records of the institution were destroyed as well, leaving only a handful of references in the works of horror author H.P. Lovecraft."

Comment

• Dang Fred and his naive/truthful ways. He is gonna make yet another mistake..

Comment

• This reminds me of the time I was running Shadowrun and the gunbunny stopped to try and negotiate with the assault team that had just blasted their way into the safe house, because he thought there was no way I'd kill a PC.

Comment

• *laughs* I have no such delusions. However, Fred thinks it important..and since everybody wants to know what is going on from his encounter of the watch...

Comment

• They really shouldn't have either. When the GM spent half the last session banging his head against a book, made it quite clear you'd done something extremely stupid, and then followed it up next session with the characters receiving a literal wake-up call in the form of sniper fire and neuro-stun grenades coming through the windows... It may behoove you to assume he's playing for keeps now.

Comment

• I can honestly say though many players have died, there is only one time an entire group did..and that was in one of my fantasy settings. This group had played with me many many times..and knew that I treat dragons a bit differently then most. Dragons are at the top of the food chain for mortal creatures. It takes an entire army to take them down. So what does the group of 6 level 15 players do? Decide to raid a dragons horde. *facepalm*..at least the dragon ate well for a little.

Comment

• They had a simple job. Actually, it would have been childishly simple if they'd stuck to their own plan. The job? Retrieve a copy of a certain document from a small branch office of Ares Macrotechnology (an arms and electronics manufacturer). The plan? The team arranges for an electrical malfunction, and then the gunbunny and hacker go in, claiming to be a repair crew, while the mage and heavy wait outside in the getaway car. They did well on the social roles, got inside, and took an elevator down. By this point, I was trying to stress that it was in their best interests to stick to the plan, pointing out the cameras watching them. The gunbunny even waved to one.

Everything went fine downstairs. The hacker got the information, and they were on their way back out. For some reason, the gunbunny had a sudden bout of paranoia. He carefully positioned himself out of the sight of the elevator camera, and upon getting off the elevator, held the hacker up in front of him to hide his own face from the camera - notably, the same one he'd waved to before. The front desk security, seeing this behavior, decided it was questionable enough to warrant investigation, and tried to stop them in the lobby.

The gunbunny panicked, called for an emergency rescue, and started shooting as the heavy and mage blasted their way in through the front door. After fighting about half the building's security, they didn't run until they heard the sirens approaching. They headed straight back to their safehouse and went to bed, planning on calling their contact to hand over the information and get paid the next day.

And of course, that morning began with sniper fire, gas grenades, and the gunbunny being blasted out of a window with a shotgun.

Also I promise the thing I just dropped in Doyle's lap probably isn't the stone from Haunter of the Dark.

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                                Also I promise the thing I just dropped in Doyle's lap probably isn't the stone from Haunter of the Dark.
                                Why do I not find this reassuring in the least?

Comment

Working...
                                X