Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be related to the folks I deal with.

You know, they got their car towed, impounded, and had to cough up $130 in penalties, but they did NOT illegally park! YOU HEAR ME?!!!!!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post

And on a side note, of all the remakes and relaunches Hollywood does, I almost want to see a modern take on Night Court. It probably wouldn't be the same without Harry and John and the rest.

Yes I loved that show. I think it could be redone make it a grandson of Harry who reminisces about his funny Magic tricking Judge Grandfather. Have the Prosecutor be a female and a clone of Dan going after guys and girls, The DA me some Jock looking guy who is clueless. The Bailiff be some small little man who is a "Hindu Black belt" (made up) martial arts expert that no one believes.

It could totally work, you just need to get the casting right. Some of SNL people, maybe some acts from the dive comedy clubs, and have some of the old cast do a few cameos during the first season.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Judge's in our jurisdiction do NOT take cell phones going off in their courtroom well. They WILL confiscate it - I saw a cop get his taken away once!
        Hypothetical situation: what happens if a person, in advance, approaches the judge (with documentation) and explains that they're on the waiting list for a transplant, and if the hospital makes "the call" but they don't respond right away, the organ will go to someone else, so it's literally a matter of life and death that they have their cellphone on (presumably on "vibrate")?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          I had this one thrown at me today in the courtroom:

"Hey, I may have broken the law, but I am not a criminal and you will not treat me like one!"
          A local wanna-be gubernatorial candidate was arrested for DUI and complained *to the press* that the police treated her like a criminal

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
            I almost want to see a modern take on Night Court. It probably wouldn't be the same without Harry and John and the rest.
            And, lest we forget, an up-and-coming actor who would later go on to portray Mr. Data on some other show...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X