This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are NOT a phone directory!

Funny story, it happened today in the computer department of where I work.

M=me
    SL=Sucky Lady

SL is at the counter as I walk up to it.

SL: Can you do me a massive favour and get a phone number off the internet for me?
    M: Sorry we dont have the internet up here.
    SL: Oh? They said downstairs that you do.
    M: Nah we used to have it but people kept abusing it so they had to switch it off.
    SL: Then how do I get my phone number?
    M: Well theres an internet cafe, if you go down to the ground floor and out the side entrance-
    SL (interjects): No I dont want to do that! Isnt there like a phone box with a phone book in it or something?
    M (thinking at this point we are NOT a phone company): If you go down to the ground floor, out the side entrance, and go to your left, walk right to the end of the street there will be phone boxes there.
    SL (getting angry): Ohh thats too complicated, I cant even begin to comprehend! (walks off)
    Me (to myself):

Related

Related, when I worked at a computer store people would have us look up on the web who sold a product that we were out of stock of or did not carry in stock. Often the only sellers we could find were in Toronto (30+ kilometers away) or Mississauga (50+ kilometers away).

The customer would then DEMAND we find someone close to buy from, we would point if the suppliers web site did not list them there was not much we could do. And if they were willing to place an order/deposit with us that we could order for them.

However, a certain percentage wanted NOW, yet at the same time were too lazy to go and get themselves.

Comment

She can't comprehend going outside, making a left and walking down the street? How the hell did she find her way to your store?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X