This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh geez. (long)

I've been pretty stressed lately. My dad just had surgery, and we found out it didn't work... I'm closing every night this week... I haven't seen my boyfriend in a month (damn you, college)... I'm constantly exhausted from going to work full time and doing school full time, while running Amex promos... AND I'm making a die hard attempt to lose weight (I need to stay under a certain weight for my medication), I've putting a lot of money and effort into it, when I go to eat one of my pricey frozen microwavable lunches, I find that TWO have been stolen, even though I have my name on them in BIG LETTERS.

Needless to say, I'm dying for a couple days off.

Today was just the icing on the cake.

I deal with a moron on the phone that would not listen to me at all. She was talking about redeeming some sort of 1 year in house repair warranty.

Me: Well, we've never offered a 1 year warranty here, but if you call...
    SC: THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT IT, I WANT THEM TO COME HERE AND FIX IT NOW, I AM NOT RETURNING THIS TV, I REFUSE TO TAKE IT OFF MY WALL (etc, etc)
    Me: Well, ma'am, we're not offering a 1-year in house repair warranty, we have this....
    SC: (RANT RANT RANT)
    Me: Ma'am, if you call THIS number, they can help you, because you see...
    SC: I'LL TAKE YOUR DAMN NUMBER BUT I WANT YOUR MANAGER!!!!
    Me: Hold, please.

I was trying to tell her that now we offer lifetime free technical support, and extended the manufacturers warranty by 2 years on the TV, and they'll come to your house to fix it, but she had to run her mouth and not listen. My manager came down to ask me why I didn't tell her about the new policy, and naturally the SC had claimed I was rude and never told her about it (then what was I trying to do for 10 minutes, you bitch, try out for American Idol?!?). So that made me really stress out that my manager acted like I didn't know the policy... even though I explain it EVERY DAY, as it is part of my JOB DESCRIPTION.

But no, day gets better.

Some lady had the gall to return an outdoor lounge chair from 2000(!) and I was helping my CW look it up in our system when a lady comes up to me.

SC: Why are you not open and doing refunds?
    Me: Well, ma'am, I am currently helping my co-worker find this chair in our system. If you'll be patient, I can get on a register in a moment, however I am only a fill-in for clerks when they are not available, so I have to see if there are any available clerks in my department.
    SC: (gives the evil eye and gets back in line)

My other manager was standing right there, sighs, and tells me to go ahead and sign on, it was okay by her. So I counted in, and started ringing the people in line in front of her. I asked my manager to help me with the return of some cell phones they had brought back, as I had never done a refund on a cell phone before (some things are processed differently). She helped me, and I asked her to stick around the dept... good thing I did.

SC: I don't want it. Put it back on my card.
    Me: (looks at it. It's a Magellan GPS. Sales needs to check it for all the parts. Policy) Alrighty, ma'am, let me call Sales really quick so they can okay it.
    SC: Process it now. So when they're done, you'll be done. I'm in a hurry!
    Me: I have to wait for Sales to give me the OK before I process it.
    (WASH, REPEAT AND RINSE THIS EXCHANGE TWICE BEFORE SALES ARRIVES)
    SC: Okay, they've looked at it. Process it now!
    Sales: Ma'am, the car mount is missing, she cannot do the return without it.
    SC: It's in my car. (points at me) The return better be processed by the time I get back! (walks out)

I turn around and call to my manager at the end of the counter. I ask her to stand with me when the lady gets back. She was helping someone else, and asked me why. I asked her to just please do it, and Sales girl laughed and said "Yeah, you should stay here when she comes back. You'll see."

My manager tells the next person to come ahead in line, and it's been a bit so we're getting ready to process him when the lady literally comes out of nowhere and almost SHOVES the guy aside.

SC: (points at me) DID YOU PROCESS IT LIKE I TOLD YOU TO?!?
    Me: No, ma'am, I cannot process a return without the OK of Sales.
    Sales: Well, that's all the parts. Go ahead.
    Me: Thank you. (does the return)

Of course the woman does not say thank you or anything. She did leave with this rather predictable remark to me: "YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT I TOLD YOU TO!" and storms off.

I turn to my manager, she told me not to worry about it. She said if she complained to another manager, she'd take care of it.

Really stressed at this point.

The guy behind her comes up laughing. Says, "Boy, I'd hate to be you dealing with that bitch!" He's nice, makes me feel a tiny bitbetter, tells me I'm doing fine. (Why can't they all be like that?)

I get my lunch 40 minutes late, and I'm stressed from everything so far this day, and everything else on my mind, I just go to the break room and cry for a couple minutes. I felt better afterwards, I just needed to get it out.

I wanna take a week off and bum a ride to my boyfriend's college and just stay there for a couple days.
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

I love when other customers AGREE with you about prior idiotic customers ^_^

Had one once, back when I first started... long story short, he was trying to get me to do something that would get me fired and I refused (I was new, but not stupid) and was going on for about 10 minutes, getting quite shirty... after he'd gone I had something like 3 customers all tell me I'd handled it well and what THEY'D have said to him
    "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Take a second

...or a couple of days. Some jobs will give you time off if a family member is having surgery, or needs after care. Even if your Dad doesn't "need" your help having family around can make a differance. It sounds like you need more than one day off. If you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. Take care, I hope your Dad is recovering allright.
      Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
      The following is subject to change:
      If Your Going Through Hell,
      Keep Going...

Comment

Personally, if I'm in line and someone's badgering a cashier, teller, etc., what I like to do is cause humiliation on a large scale. How? Simple. When someone starts to go overboard and act like an @$$h0le because he/she can, you "give the look" to the person behind you and in a standard tone of voice go "Can you believe this giant sack of douches?"

One of a number of things can happen at this point. HOWEVER, in my experience, one thing always happens FIRST...the person behind you nods, agrees, and/or laughs. From there...

- The person will become embarassed and lay off.
        - The person will ignore you and continue (it was worth a shot).
        - The person will become embarassed and leave.
        - The person will become affixed on you.

If it's the second result, hey, at least I tried. Moreover, everyone's glad when he/she leaves anyway. If it's the other three, I win. You lay off, the cashier gets a calmer atmosphere...the same if YOU LEAVE. Rarely does the person approach me and I always tell him/her off, but just politely enough that we both don't get thrown out. Fun stuff.
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
          Personally, if I'm in line and someone's badgering a cashier, teller, etc., what I like to do is cause humiliation on a large scale. How? Simple. When someone starts to go overboard and act like an @$$h0le because he/she can, you "give the look" to the person behind you and in a standard tone of voice go "Can you believe this giant sack of douches?"

One of a number of things can happen at this point. HOWEVER, in my experience, one thing always happens FIRST...the person behind you nods, agrees, and/or laughs. From there...

- The person will become embarassed and lay off.
          - The person will ignore you and continue (it was worth a shot).
          - The person will become embarassed and leave.
          - The person will become affixed on you.

If it's the second result, hey, at least I tried. Moreover, everyone's glad when he/she leaves anyway. If it's the other three, I win. You lay off, the cashier gets a calmer atmosphere...the same if YOU LEAVE. Rarely does the person approach me and I always tell him/her off, but just politely enough that we both don't get thrown out. Fun stuff.

If I could have said something, without consequence, oh gawd I would have!
          "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
            I wanna take a week off and bum a ride to my boyfriend's college and just stay there for a couple days.
            I say, "Go for it!!!" You deserve it.

Sorry things are so bad right now. I hope your Dad will be better soon.

Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
            X