Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your average dinner reservation...

So a couple of weeks ago I started my awesome new job at a wildlife and forest reserve in northern Ontario. So far, it rocks.
    Now, one of the biggest attractions we have there is a captive, unsocialized wolf pack. They have a big enclosure, and people come to the museum at one end and sit in a viewing room waiting to possibly see the wolves.
    The boss is always looking for new programs so we have a suggestion box. Well, the other day we got the most hilarious suggestion.

"You should let people have dinner with the wolves" -so-and-so from Toronto.

I don't know what this person was thinking. If they meant people should be allowed to eat dinner while we feed the wolves, well...watching a pack of nine dismember a deer and fight over it is not really appetizing to most. In addition to the fact that our feedings are random, so we can't make reservations or anything.

If they meant that people should be allowed to eat dinner IN THE PEN WITH THE WOLVES...I am almost inclined to let them. Cause that would end badly for them, but good for the overall genetics of the human race.

Why certainly sir, i'm sure the wolves would love to have YOU for dinner

Comment

yes, film and make a documentary, "when idiots choose poorly." i'd watch it and laugh evilly, as darwinism takes hold of those marked for genetic removal.

seriously, either way, um, no.

i'll watch it on tv, but not while eating; nature is as it does, but not during mealtime, thanks.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
        LOL.. that would be a good place to seat any SCs. Follow me, please, we have a nice seat outside with a specticular view of the wildlife.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

In Soviet Russia, wolves eat YOU!

I'm sorry... I couldn't read your post without hearing that shrieking in my head.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
            In Soviet Russia, wolves eat YOU!
            I saw a picture the other day that read
            "In Soviet Vietnam, Cat Eats You!" over a cat chewing on a guy's foot.

Comment

i think what the person ment was you should put a restaunt with viewing area to wolves in... you know so you can eat at thw wolf display... with the wolves... you see!!!!

Comment

after seeing counterstrike players eat, and the amount of trash (food scraps, skin, toenail clippings) left behind in the store after one day of "competition", i can't see a pack of wolves ripping apart a still living deer having any sort of negative impact on my appetite
                It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

People should sit there and THINK about how they word things.

But then, if they did, we wouldn't have the snazzy "Workaday" thread.

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  i'll watch it on tv, but not while eating; nature is as it does, but not during mealtime, thanks.
                  That's my opinion, too.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                    I saw a picture the other day that read
                    "In Soviet Vietnam, Cat Eats You!" over a cat chewing on a guy's foot.
                    Hey, my cat was trying to eat my foot yesterday. I live in New Jersey...

(Every so often she decides she wants to play, and starts going at my feet under the chair. If she just used her paws, that'd be fine, since she has no claws. Unfortunately, she bites. Ow.)
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My brother's kitten loves my feet.
                      As for the wolves, Kevin Costner danced with the wolves, so why not eat with them? After all, they're only cute and cuddly stuffed animals.
                      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Now now, you know that kind of junk food isn't good for wolves!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X