Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you kidding me? That is the lamest scam ever!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me? That is the lamest scam ever!

A while ago, a lady brought in a power wheels(rideable garbage for kids) jeep. She told W, the repair tech, that she wanted him to update her before he made any decision involving having her spend more money, like ordering a part. He called her, and then she took FOREVER calling the store back. Infact, she never did call us back, she came into the store. Which now that I think about it, is odd.

Anyway:

w- Repair Tech
    sw- Sucky Woman
    sm- Sucky Man

The sw came in about half and hour ago...

sw- Yeah, you guys called me, like, forever ago about my power wheels.
    w- Yeah, okay, which one is it?
    sw- The jeep.

*I'm going to interject here to let you guys know, about 80% of the garbage piles brought in here are jeeps. The rest of the 20% is occupied by HUGE hummers, "4-wheelers", and the odd grave digger.*

w- What color is the jeep? (He asked to determine which of the 5 jeeps we have is hers)
    sw- Uh, the YELLOW one!*imagine a stinking attitude, dripping with false superiority*
    w- Right this way please.

I knew where this was heading by listening to said attitude.

So, w took them out to the tent where we keep the power wheels that are to be fixed. We keep them in a tent beside the store in a locked, gated area because we have no room in the store to keep them.

Apparently, while they were out there, sm tried to claim that w had broken the power wheels and had caused (merely cosmetic) damage to the manifold. They also complained about where we kept them. They even tried to accuse w of breaking a wheel. The funny thing about that was when they originally dropped it off, it was because of the same broken wheel they're accusing w of breaking. It says, on their repair tag, "broken wheel" among other things.

They eventually whined for the manager. Of course, he wouldn't do anything for them, so they left in a huff. That is the lamest scam to ever be tried here. Bringing in something broken to be fixed and then blaming the repair tech for breaking it. What the hell?
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

I wonder what she was trying to get. Free repair? Doesn't seem worth it.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Why do I get the sinking feeling that customers like this will be why repair shops start taking detailed digital photos of all merchandise coming through their doors. Both before and after. I weep.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Why do I get the sinking feeling that customers like this will be why repair shops start taking detailed digital photos of all merchandise coming through their doors. Both before and after. I weep.
        I'm surprised they don't already.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have to disagree with the title of this thread. I mean, sure, this is a lame scam attempt. But the lamest ever? We all know that there are far lamer scams being attempted all the time all over the place!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I have to disagree with the title of this thread. I mean, sure, this is a lame scam attempt. But the lamest ever? We all know that there are far lamer scams being attempted all the time all over the place!
            It is the lamest one I've ever encountered, but my retail experience doesn't match up to some of the more seasoned mambers of this board.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
              I wonder what she was trying to get. Free repair? Doesn't seem worth it.
              Consider who we're talking about here, an SC. When do they ever act rationally? It doesn't seem worth it to me either, but in her mind who knows?

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                Consider who we're talking about here, an SC. When do they ever act rationally? It doesn't seem worth it to me either, but in her mind who knows?
                Do not try to understand the SC mind, for down that path lies madness--just past the Vindaloo and take a right at the New Coke. If you reach the Zima, you've gone too far.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X