Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein we meet The Reason this website exists (bitter)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein we meet The Reason this website exists (bitter)

My boss is a brown-nose who would bend over and take it from any customer for any reason so long as he thought it would induce them to come back soon and spend another fifty cents.
    That said, our “best” customer is a regular who spends on average over $800 a month in our store. So we have to tolerate him.

He is a racist. He is a sexist. And every other –ist you could think of. He prattles constantly on and on about mundane crap we DON’T CARE about for 30 mins after his transaction is finished and he comes in EVERY SINGLE DAY. He also complains about our prices. EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    He is the epitome, the embodiment, the quintessence, the crowning golden craptastic achievement of what it means to be a Sucky Customer. He is every archetype of SC-ness somehow rolled into ONE person. He is the reason I Googled “customers suck” and discovered this most kick-ass website. And a prime example of the reason I’m jaded and have generally come to hate people from too many years of customer service.

Thank you, O High King of Suck.
    Thank you for embarrassing me in front of the copy machine repair guy, who happens to be Afghan, with your drivel about oil prices and terrorism and blah blah blah and how you don’t trust anyone who looks Middle Eastern.
    (Are you “enlightening” me for his benefit? Yes, don’t worry I’m sure he can hear you.)

Thank you for your fifteen minute one-way conversation with me about how you don’t like going to the DMV in Vallejo because you’re the only white guy in line and it makes you wonder what country you’re in.
    (Uh…. America, dumbass? You mean like opposed to what? Mexico? Africa? It evidently didn’t occur to you that just because I’m blonde doesn’t mean I’m an OHolyAryanPureblood like you. No. I’m a quarter Puerto Rican and my fiancé is black so I’m not really inclined to be enthusiastic about your ignorant and bigoted views on people who aren’t white. SO STFU. Nazi piece of shit.)

Thank you, jackass, for your lengthy lectures on the evils of Roe v. Wade.
    (Your political and moral opinions are your own and you’re entitled to them. But don’t shove them down my throat. Especially when I’m at work. Especially when I’ve been enduring your little speech with by-the-minute glances at the clock and an “I-don’t-give-a-fuck-what-you-think” look on my face. A look I apparently need to work on in front of the mirror because thus far it’s been ineffective.)

Thank you, O Most Puckered and Stinking of Assholes, for your daily grievances on our prices and full reports on the cheaper shipping rates at the post office.
    (So why don’t you give us a break and go torture them, then? I’ll be sure to call and let them know you’re coming so they can have the AK47s ready. I was sure there was no possible way in hell or earth the pain of working retail could rival the pain of being a waitress. You sir have proven me wrong. Congratufuckin’lations.)

Beware, O Wretched Sovereign of Suck, beware my Last Day of Work. For no longer will I be held hostage to your bullshit as you blather your idiocy at me through the bars of my minimum wage prison. The lion shall be loosed! RAWR!!!! Beware!

It's a damn shame he spends so much money there. Makes it real hard to get rid of him.

But I don't think you should have to stand there and listen to him spout off. I wouldn't argue, but I'd definitely say something like, "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid I can't discuss topics such as these at work. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I used to live in Fairfield long, long ago. Still live in the Bay Area. So big HI! and welcome aboard!
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        It's a damn shame he spends so much money there. Makes it real hard to get rid of him.

But I don't think you should have to stand there and listen to him spout off. I wouldn't argue, but I'd definitely say something like, "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid I can't discuss topics such as these at work. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"
        or you could tell him "this is the inappropriate place to discuss this, if you wish to discuss the issue further please find me on fratching.com"... and yes I have told that to a caller at work before... I wonder if they ever actually went to fratching... if they didn't it must be because I forgot to mention that there was cake (btw, boozy, have I ever mentioned that I love your signature)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
          Beware, O Wretched Sovereign of Suck, beware my Last Day of Work.
          Pray tell, O Queen of Descriptive Insults, when dost thou expecteth this Holiest of Holy Days to fall? Dost thou see it in thine foreseeable future? We, the Humble Peoples of CustomersSucketh.com beseech thee to forewarn us of when this Day looms, that we might join in thine Righteous Celebration!

What? I AM a Jester!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            or you could tell him "this is the inappropriate place to discuss this, if you wish to discuss the issue further please find me on fratching.com"... and yes I have told that to a caller at work before... I wonder if they ever actually went to fratching... if they didn't it must be because I forgot to mention that there was cake (btw, boozy, have I ever mentioned that I love your signature)
            I appreciate you trying to do it nicely but you know the only thing that'll work is a tire iron to the head. And even then it might not be enough. Maybe a bullhorn clamped to his ear for any Mexican to shout into whenever they want to launch into a wholehearted salsa song lol
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

It's a shame that you have a spineless manager and the fact that you can't get rid of that SC for any other reason than his spending habits. Welcome to CS!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
              X