This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting day

Kind of feel like maybe I dodged a bullet here. Past couple of weeks I've had a rather nasty headache. I'd chalked it up to sinus issues since they've triggered bad headaches before. But sinus headaches GO AWAY, after at most a couple of days. This one didn't. So we made plans to get me to a doctor.

This doctor impressed me. He actually listened to me, asked constructive questions, paraphrased what I'd said back to me a couple of times to be sure he was understanding me, and didn't make me feel like he was in a hurry to be done with me already and on to the next case.

He also came back almost at once with a likely diagnosis. Cluster headaches. Where I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet is that what I've read since seeing him indicates that diagnosis is often slow on this, with all sorts of false leads like sinusitis and tooth problems, and the painkillers most commonly prescribed for that sort of stuff don't help cluster headaches much, if at all.

I got prescriptions for two meds, as well as his suggestion that antihistamines seem also to help and I can use them singly or in any combination when a headache hits. So, yay, I don't have to dick around for months or years trying to find some way to make my head stop hurting. Downside is that for potentially the rest of my life I'm going to be subject to sudden potentially debilitating headaches.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Quoth Kittish View Post
    Downside is that for potentially the rest of my life I'm going to be subject to sudden potentially debilitating headaches.
    well at least it's covered under the ADA, so you can't be subject to employment discrimination over it.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
    X