Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a little sympathy for the guy who called about his mom with dementia. In that situation, you are desperate and willing to try just about anything. A lot of families are reluctant to get the police involved because they're afraid the state will accuse them of neglect.

Of course, after 12 hours I would darn sure be calling the police.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Store Wars: The Farce Awakens

Ok, let me guess this straight: You work at a <red checkmark> store. Earlier this week, you sold the customer the wrong kind of phone, changed their grandfathered plan by mistake AND added a line to their account they didn't want.

You managed to fix the wrong phone snafu but now you want me to:
      fix everything under YOUR number so I still get the commissions for the fraud I committed and have probably committed several times.

FTFY
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Must listen: We've found the real Bastard Operator From Hell
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I was feeling too headachy to listen to the audio, but I think I love these guys.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I wish I could have that on my home phone for the telemarketers.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              That guy - that guy interrupting you with all those fucking outrageous demands - that guy is someone I would laugh at, long and hard, and hang up on.
              I think I'd just stop talking and sit silently. You let me know when you're gonna let me say something, buddy. I'm getting PAID to sit here.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                I wish I could have that on my home phone for the telemarketers.
                I would love to use this as the voicemail greeting on my land line! Truly. Evil. Genuis.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I listened to it over the weekend. "Your call is important to ... ... ... us."

That it repeats eternally, and restarts the loop if you press any key is perfect. Extension 666 FTW!
                  "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    SC: Phone! Phone Broke! Need new phone!
                    SC should have allocated more S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points towards his Intelligence stat. But isn't that true of most SC's?
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Maybe he's doing one of those low-Int playthroughs so he can get the "special" dialogue responses from all of us NPCs!
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                        SC should have allocated more S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points towards his Intelligence stat. But isn't that true of most SC's?
                        Are you playing one of the Fallout games? I'm playing number 3.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Not recently, IA The low-Int thing works for most of the games in the series, though.

For those unfamiliar -- If you set your character's Intelligence stat to 3 (out of 10) or below during character creation, most of the in-game NPCs will recognize your character's...how shall I put this?...unusual nature. In other words, their dialogue, your own dialogue choices, will reflect this. The downside is that it will cut off a number of quests simply because the NPCs figure you can't handle them. Long story short, ever read Of Mice and Men? They'll treat you like Lenny.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X