Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That does not even REMOTELY make sense!

Customer standard time again...

Guy was on an unlimited data plan and decided to change to one of our tiered data plans because it would lower his bill. Now he's started going over data and he's unsatsified with the tiered plan and wants his unlimited plan back.

He changed plans back in January....2014!

Sorry sir, once you move away from a grandfathered plan you can't go back, that's kind of how grandfathering works. If you have it, you can keep it, but if you change it...

Sure, go ahead and sue us. I'm sure the court will be happy to make us put that unlimited plan right back on there!!

I... huh... WHA?!?!

This one started off simple enough: Customer wanted to do a warranty exchange for a phone he bought at Wal-Mart that now isn't working.

But there's a problem: He's already returned the phone...to Wal-Mart.

No, he says, that's not a problem at all! All we need to do is send him out another phone and contact Wal-Mart to get his old phone back.

I wish I was making this up. So I explained to him, first in gentle, then in more firm terms how we can't, you know, complete a warranty exchange without something to exchange but he was having none of it.

So then he asked for my manager. And then he asked for his Manager.

Finally, after being told No approximately 387 times he hung up on us.

When I checked back on the account before going home that day, he'd already called back 8 times.

Actions have consequences? How about that!

It amazes me the number of times people say to me "well I'm not paying that" or "I refuse to pay for that" followed by a brief silence as if their scary threat to not pay will somehow make me magically say: "Oh you're not going to pay it? No problem, I'll just credit that charge for you!"

I'm sorry, but reality does NOT work that way!

If a charge is valid, it's valid. It matters not that you don't want to pay. And your line of argument about how we're a multibillion dollar company that can afford to eat the charges? Also a huge fail. You think we made all those billions by NOT charging people?

My favourite was the one guy who had ported his lines to Death Star Wireless, leaving behind a $3500 plus bill (due to equipment fees) that he was not going to pay a penny of and so help me God if my company had the audacity to send him to collections or ding his credit report over that. I swear he threatened to sic every regulatory and law enforcement agency this country has on us over this.

Best of luck to you on that, my dimwitted friend!

Thank yew fur callin Red Checkmirk...

We had a customer demand to speak to a manager because she didn't care for the reps accent.

I kid you not. The rep in question had a Texas accent that I happen to like.

Yep, of all the things this customer could possibly get pissed off about, that's the one she chose.

Call centers are a strange world, folks.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 05-13-2016, 03:57 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Well now, she'd hate talking to me. I have a bit of s twang in my speech.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      The rep in question had a Texas accent...
      Hey, I represent that remark!
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Hell, I had a caller get pissed over the fact that I stutter and asked my supervisor why they hired retards. It didn't matter that I fixed her issue in record time because she didn't think that somebody with a stutter had any business doing my job. My supervisor went aboard her and gave her an earful...and told me to take as long as I needed to calm down because I didn't deserve the horrible things the bitch was saying about me.

Ugh. If I fix your issue, don't complain about how I talk. Fuckers.

Comment

It amazes me the number of times people say to me "well I'm not paying that" or "I refuse to pay for that"
          "You will if you want the service. Otherwise we can cancel you right here and now, and your fancy-schmancy phone is now a very expensive paperweight."
          We had a customer demand to speak to a manager because she didn't care for the reps accent.

Yep, of all the things this customer could possibly get pissed off about, that's the one she chose.
          I believe it. I've got a somewhat-less-than-beautiful voice (nasal flat alto due to chronic sinus issues), and that's one reason I hate answering phones. People think I'm being moody or bitchy when I'm speaking normally, and they scold me for my "attitude" or complain about me to a supervisor; it's even lost me a past temp job. Yep, yell at me over something I really cannot control, that'll make me oh so happy to serve you.
          Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
          Hell, I had a caller get pissed over the fact that I stutter and asked my supervisor why they hired retards.
          ...what?! That horrid nasty bitch! HULK SMASH!!! Speech impediment =/= mental impairment. If anything, she's the mentally impaired one, as she has no decency, sympathy or class.
          Last edited by XCashier; 05-14-2016, 02:04 AM. Reason: added on rather than making a new post
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sorry sir, once you move away from a grandfathered plan you can't go back, that's kind of how grandfathering works. If you have it, you can keep it, but if you change it...
            I got a ridicously cheap unlimited data plane, because I started it several years ago, 2012 I think. I might be needing a new phone soon so I'm looking at sim free or unlocked PAYG so I can keep the nifty plan.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Slightly OT, but about tone of voice... We have some people at my work who are amazingly cheerful. Just super happy, all the bloody time. I mostly enjoy working with them, one of which is a grandma and she can talk down nearly any SC. She's like magic.

However. The way most customers are programmed is to expect, to require every single customer service person to be that happy all the time. Anything other than sweet-as-pie, ultra caffeinated perky, will get you complained about. And I think we can all agree that is not the way the world works. We have moods and *gasp* personalities, and possibly accents and/or speech impediments. My default is sarcastic, and quite a few people would prefer that to fake sweetness. I don't really have a point to this other than it's unreasonable to say "this is a job requirement" because some loud SCs demand that's how we act.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've never understood people that argue that MegaMcBigCorps should always be the ones to take it in the shorts in any dispute solely because they are large. They, their employees, and shareholders like their money just as much as John Q. Sucktomer and Jane Q's Badly-Run Tiny Stuff Emporium like theirs and have no inherently lesser claim to it.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                  Hell, I had a caller get pissed over the fact that I stutter and asked my supervisor why they hired retards. It didn't matter that I fixed her issue in record time because she didn't think that somebody with a stutter had any business doing my job.
                  Fishing for a credit, probably, or possibly part of a self-validating superiority complex. She called in hoping that you'd do something that would give her a reason to complain. Problem: You didn't give her one. So, rather than accept defeat, she locked onto the one insignificant 'flaw' to bitch about.

Comment

Well bless her heart. I like my Texas accent!!!

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                      Well bless her heart...
                      There's a gesture in Italian that says that...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Lol yes, I know. I'm part Italian.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Slightly OT, but about tone of voice... We have some people at my work who are amazingly cheerful. Just super happy, all the bloody time. I mostly enjoy working with them, one of which is a grandma and she can talk down nearly any SC. She's like magic.

However. The way most customers are programmed is to expect, to require every single customer service person to be that happy all the time. Anything other than sweet-as-pie, ultra caffeinated perky, will get you complained about. And I think we can all agree that is not the way the world works. We have moods and *gasp* personalities, and possibly accents and/or speech impediments. My default is sarcastic, and quite a few people would prefer that to fake sweetness. I don't really have a point to this other than it's unreasonable to say "this is a job requirement" because some loud SCs demand that's how we act.
                          I'm lucky in that I have a soothing voice. It's not perfect and sometimes my annoyance shows, but it's pretty good.

However, the original post perfectly encapsulates why, when faced with the choice of being help desk or serving customers directly, I'm taking help desk. I might work harder but I'll still be assisting co-workers.

Comment

Our accent would drive her nuts. We have a tendency to say "malk" instead of "milk", "yallow" instead of "yellow", "beg" instead of "bag", etc. Stick "or no" on the end of questions. And we get down from the car, shut the light, and wonder how things landed up where they are.

Of course, she'd probably think she was talking to a "foreign" call center anyways.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I worked for a third party call center that did telemarketing for the red checkmark and i loved it! It was stressful though. I used the red checkmark at the time for my phone service as well and I learned the better i treated customer service and the nicer i was the farther i'd get with them being nice and doing something nice for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X