This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupting a New Generation

I sort of lucked out on Jury Duty. That is to say, I am excused for this week but have no idea when they'll actually want me to come in. Unfortunately, I am not excused from work, but on the bright side I have more time to figure out how to tie my headset cord to the girders in the ceiling above me and hang myself.

Before I get started, I had to share this. The following conversation occurred the other day between my SO and our 2 year old:

Her: Okay, let's get your shoes on so we can go bye-bye.
    2YO: No. Asshat!
    *SO raises an eyebrow at me.
    ME (innocent look): I swear, I don't know where the kids pick up things like this

Yeah, I'm a bad girl. But I have so much fun.

SW = Sucky Woman
    SM = Sucky Man
    ME = Matron of Evil

FAIL

ME: Could I just have your mobile phone number please?
    SM: I know it! It's..... uh..... it's..... I know! It's..... around here.....somewhere....uuuuuuuuuh.....

Wow, you really sounded confident at the beginning. I could actually hear the hamster's dying gasps as it somehow managed to get its head stuck in the bars of the wheel and strangle itself. Which makes you an idiot and a hamster-killer. Jerk.

You're Yelling at the WRONG Person

Customer called in upset because he wanted to take a line out of his sister's name and put it in his name. That's fine, we just need her to call in and authorize this because it's her account. He proceeds to throw a fit for 20 minutes because his sister told him she did call in and take care of it (she didn't). Okay, fine. Don't call me. Call her. Rant at her. There's not a single thing I can do about this. Oh, and his brilliant argument for not calling her?

SM: She alread lied to me about calling in for me once, how can I be sure she won't do it again?

I don't know. But I do know it's her account and she can do whatever she damn well pleases with it. You have no legal claim to it at all. More importantly, allow me to remind you that I have nothing to do with what your sister does or does not do!

I'm Hereby Imposing a Tax on Stupid

ME: I have X plan available for $XX.XX, and-
    SW: You're lying! You say $XX.XX, but then you add taxes to it!
    ME: Well... yes, you do pay taxes for service.
    SW: So why don't you tell me the price after tax? You should tell people the price after tax instead of lying and saying $XX.XX!

Yeah, I'll do that. Just to make YOU happy, as opposed to the 30 million other customers I have who understand that taxes are a fact of life. Have you ever been to a store that shows the after-tax amount on the price tag? Of course not. And by the way, taxes are super wonky with phones. You have sales tax, federal, state, county, and/or city taxes and fees, not to mention all the fun little telecommunications surcharges from the FCC. So it's impossible for me to know every tax or fee you'll have on your bill. And you shouldn't expect me to.

My Poor Brain....

SW: Why is there a charge on my credit statement to (MY COMPANY)?
    ME: I see we received a payment from you by credit card on XX/XX. Did you not make that payment?
    SW: Well, yes, but I mail my payment in!
    ME: Did you send a check, or did you fill out the credit card payment information on the bill remittance slip?
    SW: I.... um... oh, maybe that's what I did.

Don't make me take you to pretzel town using my psycho-flexic powers (bonus points for ref).

My Hate Flows Like a River

ME: I'm sorry, but your warranty expired last week.
    SM: But I've been calling about this for over a month!
    ME: I see you called on 09/12, and we advised you to reset the phone.
    SM: And I did! And it didn't work!
    ME: So..... you called on the 2nd, two weeks later, and we advised you to reinstall the software.
    SM: That didn't work either!
    ME: So.... you are calling a week later.
    SM: I'm busy! I'm a truck driver, I'm on the road!
    ME: When you called on the 12th, and your phone still didn't work, why didn't you call back until 2 weeks later?
    SM: That's not the point!

No, that's completely the point, and you missed it by a mile. If you're a trucker and on the road all the time, that's all the more reason you should make it a priority to get your sole means of communication fixed.

Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law...

SW: I need a number from my call records.
    ME: You can view your call records online.
    SW: No, I want you to tell me the number, I don't have time for that.
    ME: Unfortunately, due to FCC privacy regulations, I cannot provide personal information over the phone. I can confirm it if you provide it to me first.
    SW: I don't want personal information. Just a number from my call records.
    ME: Yes, a number from your call records, which is personal information that I cannot disclose by phone. You can log in securely to your online account and view your call detail.
    SW: NO! I'm not going to sit here and have you tell me you can't give me information from my own account!
    ME: If there was any way I could provide that information to you, I would. But I can't do that.
    SW: YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I ASK!
    ME: Ma'am, I cannot and will not break a federal law for you.
    SW: I'm not trying to hear what it is you're telling me!

Yeah, I gathered that much. But I already knew that, and it doesn't change the fact that I refuse to have the FCC on me because you're too lazy to look up the information yourself.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Re: 2 year old
    *snerk* Ooookaaayyyy, that wee one's spending too much time around soooomeooonnnne. *suspicious glances*

And then as for that last one, wtf? Yeah, she is gonna sit there and listen, and geez, "I'm not trying to listen"? Bwah? Lady, sit on the line until the heat death of the universe, but 2 facts aren't going to change.
    1. You're not getting that information
    2. Waffle cones are awesome.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

i almost said that oneday... one day i will say and pete is going to try to figure out why, and hr is going to worry about my mentle statis...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey
        Waffle cones are awesome.
        Yes they are.

*sticks one upside down on her forehead*

Three guesses as to who I am now.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

a unicorn? or in this case- a waffle-corn

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            SW: So why don't you tell me the price after tax? You should tell people the price after tax instead of lying and saying $XX.XX!

Yeah, I'll do that. Just to make YOU happy, as opposed to the 30 million other customers I have who understand that taxes are a fact of life. Have you ever been to a store that shows the after-tax amount on the price tag?
            Isn't that pretty much normal everywhere outside the US?
            I know in Poland it is. An average supermarket receipt looks something like this:

Milk A1,99PLN
            Milk A1,99PLN
            Paper B0,99PLN
            --------
            Tax A xx%
            x,xxPLN
            Tax B xx%
            x,xxPLN
            --------
            Total w/o tax: x,xxPLN
            Grand total: x,xxPLN

Note that prices in the list of items are after-tax.
            You only get the total w/o tax, everything else has tax already included.

The two tax rates are standard 22% VAT and reduced 7% VAT for certain product groups.
            Music: Last.fm
            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Have you ever been to a store that shows the after-tax amount on the price tag?
              Every store in Australia, it's the law here that all price tags have to include all taxes surcharges etc. Also the reciept has to say how much tax was paid. By the sound of it it really reduces the suckage.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

SW: I need a number from my call records.
                ME: You can view your call records online.
                SW: No, I want you to tell me the number, I don't have time for that.
                ME: Unfortunately, due to FCC privacy regulations, I cannot provide personal information over the phone. I can confirm it if you provide it to me first.
                SW: I don't want personal information. Just a number from my call records.
                ME: Yes, a number from your call records, which is personal information that I cannot disclose by phone. You can log in securely to your online account and view your call detail.
                SW: NO! I'm not going to sit here and have you tell me you can't give me information from my own account!
                ME: If there was any way I could provide that information to you, I would. But I can't do that.
                SW: YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I ASK!
                ME: Ma'am, I cannot and will not break a federal law for you.
                SW: I'm not trying to hear what it is you're telling me!

Yeah, I gathered that much. But I already knew that, and it doesn't change the fact that I refuse to have the FCC on me because you're too lazy to look up the information yourself.
                I haaaate calls for one of their dialed/received numbers. 99% of the time I know I'm going on a ride on a very unpleasant merry-ground.
                "I'm sorry I can't give you that information but here is how you can get it"
                "I don't have a computer/internet access/a spare brain cell!! give it to meeeeeeeeee"
                "I'm sorry I can't give you that information due to federal privacy laws, but here is how you can get it"
                "Give it to meeeeeeeeee now "

round and round we go, where we stop....
                depends on whether or not I might be scored that day.
                Last edited by Stockholm Syndrome; 10-13-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  You stole my line!! (To the tune of "you took my jooooob" from South Park, even!)
                  Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                    Her: Okay, let's get your shoes on so we can go bye-bye.
                    2YO: No. Asshat!
                    *SO raises an eyebrow at me.
                    ME (innocent look): I swear, I don't know where the kids pick up things like this
                    Your SO visits this site, right? If so, I can't possibly imagine how you would manage to get away with that innocent approach.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                      Yes they are.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeewooooooooo. Weeeeeeeeeeewooooooooooo."
                      "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Just about every store in this country does that. America does not?

And about the last one. Some people seem to believe that phones are more secure then HTTPS... There is no such thing as completely secure.
                        MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                          Yes they are.

"Chaaaaaaaaaarlie! We're going to Caaaaaaaandy Moooooouuuuuuntain, Chaaaaaaaaaarlieeeee! Caaaaaaandy Mouuuuuuuunnntaaaain!"

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                            Just about every store in this country does that. America does not?
                            Every town/city, every county/parish, and every state has different tax rates. Prices are listed pre-tax, then all the applicable taxes are added at check-out.

We Americans love to be subjected to customer suckitude.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                              This confused absolutely royally when I went to the states in '99, it did take me a while to get used to.

Stay Safe
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X