This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Woes

So we recently rolled out a "My Account" feature on our website that allows our customers to manage their phone features and view their call history online.

(this may give away who I work for if you are one of our customers, or follow the industry at all)
    /rant
    Anyway, some of the people that are signing up are just a few items shy of a full picnic if you catch my meaning. The worst, and funniest, thing going on right now is people signing up are not providing valid e-mail addresses when they sign up. They are running the gamut from a @ a.com or <customersname>@<customersname>.com

The annoying part is when they call to ask why the didn't receive their verification code and then piss and moan when I tell them they need to use a valid e-mail address. I swear its like talking to a petulant two year old sometimes and I had a customer come close to damn near whining "but whyyyyyyyyyy"

The one that takes the cake by far though is once they register their account they have to register their individual phones as we are a prepaid service and don't keep actual accounts. This involves them entering their phone number and then receiving a text message with a verification code they have to enter. This is more of a security measure to prove they have access to the phone they are trying to register and is a liability issue since the service allows them to view call records.

In any case, the text message says something to the effect of "Please go to <website> and enter the following verification code in order to complete the registration process for your phone."

We got a reply back from one of these messages that simply said "No" I about died at this one.

I suppose this simply prove further that SC's can't read and follow even the simplest instructions.
    /rant off
    Last edited by Chanlin; 06-17-2008, 01:53 AM. Reason: I'z kant spchell

Quoth Chanlin View Post
    We got a reply back from one of these messages that simply said "No" I about died at this one.
    That is freakin' hilarious! At least they were being honest.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
    X