Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it always middle age guys with kids?

That have to yell at us when they dont get what they want or cant find it?

I was running register just a few hours ago and this guy and his kid in a wheelchair with a broken leg come up to me all angry looking and the folowing conversation ensued.

AM: angry man with kid
    Me: Your knowledgeable worker.
    FR: My floor runner.

AM: (walks up holding ad) Wheres this peanut butter?
    Me: Aisle one right after the bread sir.
    AM: No its not. i looked there.
    Me: I'm afraid thats the only place i'm aware that we carry peanut butter.
    AM: You only have the f**king 18oz. Container over there now tell me where the F**king peanut butter is
    Me: The only place i know is aisle one sir i can ask someone if you'd like
    AM: F**K THIS PLACE! ( tromps away leaving his cart of bread there)
    FR: The f**ks his problem?
    Me:Hes a c**t.

its fun.. i love it..

Edit: great thing about it is there is a display right next to the peanut butter. like a whole three feet from it.. walking down the aisle you have to see both..its near impossible not to.....i say near because evidently he didnt see it..
    Last edited by Mayheminzen; 07-18-2008, 07:34 PM. Reason: Language

What a git! Sounds like he's having a stressful time and taking it out on the nearest person. Asswipes!

Comment

This guy needs some serious anger management classes. And probably a class or two in parenting as well.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as to pin it on a certain age group, but I have noticed men do tend to act like jackasses in front of their children...especially little boys. Probably trying to teach junior how to "be a man".
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have a friend (a male) who theorizes that men have a mental image of [desired object] in their heads when they begin a search, and anything that does not exactly meet those criteria = not the desired object.

Therefore, if bread = a package 14 inches long with red, yellow and blue balloons on it, anything else is not bread.

Around our house, that activity is called a "boy-look," as in "Did you look, or did you just boy-look?"

Comment

What a jerk. If he's flipping out in a store because he can't find something, imagine what he's like at home, his poor family!

Comment

while its possible that he had a bad case of "frontshelfitis"* he still sucks for cursing you out.

*frontshelfitis- the condition of seeing an object physically but not mentally registering that object was seen. has been seen in both the male and female of the species. can be quite embarrassing in public.
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

That dude needs a valium or something. Sheesh, it's just peanut butter. And it's right there. I just do not understand people. Way to be a role-model.

Around our house, that activity is called a "boy-look," as in "Did you look, or did you just boy-look?"
                That is the greatest! I fully intend to ask our boy that next time he's looking for something. He's 13, and the master of the "boy-look". Learned it from his dad.
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                  I have a friend (a male) who theorizes that men have a mental image of [desired object] in their heads when they begin a search, and anything that does not exactly meet those criteria = not the desired object.

Therefore, if bread = a package 14 inches long with red, yellow and blue balloons on it, anything else is not bread.
                  Absolutely true, even if said article is upside down they probably won't see it (hence why men can never find the butter in the fridge)
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Jeeeesus. Over freaking PEANUT BUTTER!

The poor kid, did he sit and look appalled or probably he's used to it. My kids would be mortified if I acted like that in a store.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Not once did I hear my parents use language like that growing up. How is it that parents speak like this all over the place now? What has changed?
                      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
                        Not once did I hear my parents use language like that growing up. How is it that parents speak like this all over the place now? What has changed?
                        The gradual moral decay of the world.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                          I'm a male and I know that stuff isn't bread.

Wonder bread isn't bread. It's a gluten-based vaguely-breadlike substance. That shit won't hold up when you take a piece out of the bag and try to put it into the toaster.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            I'm a male and I know that stuff isn't bread.

Wonder bread isn't bread. It's a gluten-based vaguely-breadlike substance. That shit won't hold up when you take a piece out of the bag and try to put it into the toaster.
                            You beat me to it before I could comment on that faux-bread substance. Maybe the peanut butter guy eats that stuff and it has made him nasty, just like the faux-bread.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Jeeeesus. Over freaking PEANUT BUTTER!

The poor kid, did he sit and look appalled or probably he's used to it. My kids would be mortified if I acted like that in a store.
                              yes, but that is because they are used to you acting like a human... and you know, I've known parents who will swear up a storm when their kids aren't around yet still have the self control not to swear around the kids so this guy had no excuse.
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X