This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I believe in God

(Note: This thread in no way is meant to influence anyones personal choices or even start a debate. It's just a part of my story).

I waitress in a crappy breakfast restaurant. Most of the time, it's not a horrible place. But every once in a while you get a doozy who makes you want to rip out your kidneys and make them eat it.

Me: Friendly neighborhood waitress
    SC #1: Satans girlfriend
    SC #2: Clueless man
    SC #3: Just a regular old idiot
    (internal dialogue)

Me: Good morning, how's everyone doing today?
    SC #1: I need you to write this down. I want an omelet, you got that? I want turkey, broccoli, onions, peppers, american- you writing this down? a-m-e-r-i-c-a-n cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes. It better not have any sausage, bacon, ham, or steak in it. Did you get that? Now tell me back what I said.
    (Said? I distinctly heard a mooing, bizitch, and you can put your finger away and stop rolling your head, you're going to smother your friend in the waves of fat from that double chin).
    Me: -repeats order exactly-
    SC #1: I didn't hear no salsa.
    Me: I'm sorry, I didn't hear salsa.
    SC #1: That's why I told you to write it down.
    Me: (I can't even look at her right now, somehow I have a feeling that they are wanting a free breakfast) And for you sir?
    SC #2: I don't know, is your t-bone good?
    Me: (It's cooked on a flat grill next to bacon, I'd never order it here unless I was drunk, but to each his own) People seem to like it.
    SC #2: I'll have the tbone, but make sure it's medium rare.
    Me: Okay, and how would you like your eggs (comes with the order)?
    SC #2: Medium rare.
    Me: You want your eggs over medium?
    SC #2: Me-di-um ra-re.
    Me: We don't cook eggs me-di-um ra-re. (I know I won't get a tip, why bother)
    SC #2: Like that. *points to picture*
    Me: Okay, sunny side up.
    SC #2: Yeah, but flip them once.
    Me: So over easy then.
    SC #2: No, like that but flipped. (only if you promise to stab yourself with the sharp knife I bring).
    SC #1: Do you have mushrooms in my omelet, I want mushrooms.
    me: Yes, you told me that already.
    SC #1: Just making sure, I didn't see you writing it down (no, I'm drawing pictures of fluffy kittens with my pen and paper)
    SC #3: I want this, but can you give me a waffle instead of the pancakes?
    Me: Yes, but it's 1.30 extra.
    SC #3: I'm not paying that.
    Me: So you don't want the waffle?
    SC #3: I want the waffle, but I'm not paying for that.
    Me: That's the only way it comes. If you want the waffle, you have to pay extra.
    SC #3: Fine. (and giving me that look of we'll see what your manager says)
    Me: Coffee for everyone?
    SC #1: Yes.
    SC #2: I don't want no coffee.
    SC #3: I want juice.
    SC #1: I want juice too.
    Me: So one coffee, two juices? And for you (asshat #2)?
    SC #2: I'll have juice.
    Me: I'll be right back. (I need to go decide what foreign object placed in your food will provide the longest amount of horrifying pain).

I go in the back and get their drinks and yell for the cooks to put on a tbone. When I go to drop off their drinks, SC #2 has decided he does want coffee and SC #1 gets mad that we don't have flavored creamer.

I return again to the back, this time complaining up a storm. I'm telling my coworkers how much I *hate* this table and say out loud, 'God, I don't want to wait on this table!'

20 seconds later (cue ominious music)- we lose power. The whole shopping center has no electricity. Our grills are powered by electric, and there are no lights. It's the most beautiful moment. My coworkers are looking at me like I'm a saint (soooo far from the truth, but funny). No power means I don't have to wait on them anymore!!!

Of course, they couldn't understand why they wouldn't be getting their breakfast. They yell at the manager on the way out that they'll be calling corporate (and of course corporate will be giving them gift cards, but that's why I kiss up to the hostessess). It was one of the happiest moments I've ever had as a lowly server.

Awww, poor SC doesn't get their bweakfast. Indeed a fine piece of timing. Someone's watching out for you.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

The day the power went out in the cafe was the single greatest day that I worked there.

Realizing the sick pleasure I was taking in telling people they couldn't eat, I came to the second realization that it was time to find a new job.

Waitressing is hard.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That's awesome!

See, even the Good Lord can't stand SCs!
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

It's a sign!!

Even God can't stand your wining, selfish complaining asses!

I could never wait tables. I'd throw a cup of hot coffee in someone's face the first time they pulled crap like this. My hat's off to you!

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

One day was just a really bad day, every custoemr except 1 had a large rusty object up their ass. I hand only been in a hour or so and in quick break from SC's i joked to a CW "i really want to leave" Not less than a minute later, In the middle of another SC's transaction, the fire alarm goes off.

The SC demanded that i stay in the building for a few minutes to ring her up. (I have stayed in the building for a few minutes, to tell customers that yes, that does mean you have to leave, during a previous fire alarm, we didn't smell smoke and it is fully sprinklered) She finally left and I completed my search and left. The only problem was it was about 10 degrees out w/ 15 MPH wind. I got in my car, turned on the heated seats and heat and pulled up near the building to watch the action. several other CW's joined me. One of our cool managers even knocked on the window, after getting out of his car, and said "enjoying your extended break?" It was some issue w/ a burn up motor on a air handler.

Comment

Wow. Unfortunately power going out at my job just means if it's out long enough we can close the store down, though it never stays out that long . The backup batteries for the registers only last so long, so theoretically if power is not restored within 30 minutes we'd have to close the store and hope the meat doesn't go bad. We probably spend out time cleaning, and cleaning...

Comment

WOW! That's awesome!
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've used my powers like that before.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X