Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our staff have the right to work in a safe environment...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mrstrish View Post
    Um, the OP was the first one to swear...

The OP said that the guy came in and said "this fucking thing isn't working"

So, no.

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post

So, no.

AND practically flung it at him.

Count me as confused too.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post

So, no.
        Sorry, let me rephrase... The OP was the first to swear in a abusive manner..

The customer was wrong, the employee was wrong, and two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
          SC: *almost throws the laptop onto the counter* this fucking thing isn’t charging it’s battery again. It’s just out of its warranty now, but I complained about it when it was inside the warranty. It’s still not been sorted

<snip>
          Me: *Walks back out with the computer* Yeah. Looks like the battery just doesn’t want to know. Can I see your receipt?

<snip>
          Me: Okay, the computer is 23 months old, the problem was fixed. You need to buy a new battery
          SC: *raises his voice* What?! You have to do something
          Me: I don’t have to do a damn thing. I SHOULD charge you for the diagnostic but since it only took me 2 seconds, I’ll let it slide
          SC: *starts shouting* This is fuckin’ ridiculous. I demand that you sort my computer out this very fuckin second, you worthless little fuck!
          Quoth mrstrish View Post
          Uh, I'll politely disagree, the quote above yours is the speech alone, the first thing the SC did was to swear in abusive manner, your usage of the word 'damn' may be less than others but it certainly not a swear word, coarse certainly but not a swear word.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            ...someone drove by and ran over the the laptop... Better then dropping it, then it isn't your fault.
            I was kinda wishing in my head someone DID do that...but what I neglected to mention was that he did pick up his laptop not 2 seconds after I put it on the pavement. sorry I forgot that

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            I may be across the pond from you, but here's one on me . Here's to pwning and banning SC's.
            Cheers! *raises a glass* gotta say, I LOVE CS Pwnage There is a guy I work with who is MUCH better than me at it. I wish he dealt with customers more often so I could post some of smithy's brand of pwnage

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

I hate people who claim that they just had something in for repair and it turns out that it has been years/sometimes not even your repair shop and they start demanding warranty repairs.
            I know. it gets on my nervs too. infact if you Click HERE you'll see another one I had to deal with where the guy was demading I do warrenty work for a computer he bought from Staples (Not us)

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
            My laptop battery went *plooey* a month after it went out of warranty. You know what I did?

I. bought. a. new. battery.
            To be honest, a month out of warrenty I would argue the case BUT that being said, batteries are deemed as an expendable item so they don't all carry 12 month warrentys. The battery for my laptop carriers a 3 year one ( ) and so far still lasts 2:30 on "power saver" mode. some brands carry 12 months, some carry 6, some as little as 3 months. But 1 month out of warrenty, I would have queried

Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post
            Explaining this to asshats is impossible though...
            spoken like a true tech

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Flea, you TOTALLY need to come over to the US and work with me.
            One day, pepper. one day

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            *Low whistle*

BEAUTY, mate. That one I really would have loved to have seen in person.
            I need to start captureing the CCTV for you XD

Quoth mrstrish View Post

The customer was wrong, the employee was wrong, and two wrongs don't make a right.
            I didn't swear. not to the customer, atleast. infact, I didn't weven swear at or with Ade.

if you're referring to "Damn" where I come from, that is a bit corse and abrasive (You obvisouly haven't met me. when someone gets my back up, thats exactly how I get with them) but it's not swearing.

Besides, even if I was wrong to say "Damn" (which I maintain I was NOT) one wrong doesn't make a right either. The second would have been justified.
            -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

One day, pepper. one day

Im single! Green card, baby!

And you can cuss all you want.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Im single! Green card, baby!

And you can cuss all you want.

I'm on the next plane

...you realise I'm Gay, right? XD

Comment

I've had to remove a moderated post.

While we don't always have to 100% agree with each other on this site, we do try to offer support when others come on here to vent.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out when a member may have contributed to their own situation, as that is how people learn from mistakes, but we don't continue to beat each other over the head to make that point.

The swearing issue has been addressed, so move on!

If anyone has any more issues or comments regarding the way AdvancedFlea handled this situation, take it to PM.
                  Last edited by Ree; 07-20-2008, 11:10 PM.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    If anyone has any more issues or comments regarding the way AdvancedFlea handled this situation, take it to PM.
                    I gotta say, I prefer if people pull the issue out in the open. That way I can address it openly and if I'm wrong, so be it. I can publicly apologise too

...But PM works.

Comment

I gotta say, I prefer if people pull the issue out in the open. That way I can address it openly and if I'm wrong, so be it. I can publicly apologise too.
                      That's all well and good, but as a moderator, I prefer not to have bickering in the threads.
                      As I said, if a person feels a situation could have been handled better, point it out and move on, but do not turn it into a debate in the forums.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Yeah, thats a fair thing to say *nods*

can't we have a mass-debate on the formus?

...sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

I'm on the next plane

...you realise I'm Gay, right? XD

Every girl needs a gay boyfriend. Offer still stands.

Comment

Every girl needs a gay boyfriend. Offer still stands.
                            I can think of one person on here who may just stab us BOTH if I marry you...without promptly divorcing you after I have my green card then going to marry him XD

Comment

Working...
                            X