Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh yeah, THAT was smart...thanks for ripping me off.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
    It's things like that that make me charge 1/2 the total cost up front before any development is done -- or at the very least, money as the development is done so the most I'd be out is $50.

I hope something positive happens for you.
    I agree. My mentor has been adamant in telling me to get the money up front before I do any work, because there is no way to force them to pay afterwards. And he IS a lawyer. (I'm not.)
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Brightglaive, I'm in Nebraka and YES, you CAN seize property for a debt, no matter how small. This occured probably 15 years ago, so that law may no longer be in affect. (I was self employed at the time and had a lawyer on retainer, so I did have legal help in my dealings.)

There was no bank loan on the vehicle, (the trip to the court house let me see all the title data so I made sure HIS was the only name on the title. It originally had a loan, but my search revealed that a new title was issued that removed the lein.) I don't think just anyone is allowed to peruse vehicle records, but with the judgement in hand, I was allowed.

Lots of public records are available. Had the neighbor next door just abandon her house, so I went to look up the lein information. (Thought about buying it as a rental, since I lived next door and could keep an eye on it. It also has a nice inground pool. :-) ). Anyway, I looked up the info and the lady paid $154,000 for the house with about $130,000 left on the original mortagage, BUT she had nearly $300,000 in additional liens on it. I'd have to look up what the bank actually sold it for, but it was more than it was worth. She had really let the property go downhill. She must have had a gambling problem or something to get that far upside down on a house. Haven't sued anybody else in 15 years, and I will avoid it if possible. My brother is suing his neighbor to enforce the convents (parks a trailer in the driveway, it is not allowed in the covenants.) I just have to get my judicial fix living vicarously through him. Good day.
      If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
      --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
        Any more news on this one? I'm really interested to know if bitchface gets her just desserts.
        No updates yet. Been gathering up stuff...but got the legs kicked out from under me by Le Random Nasty Cold. I got it, my kids got it, and my husband did too. I ended up getting over it, only to re-catch it in a mutated form from the newborn.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
        X