X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example #1
    Is fine, you were polite about it.

Example #2
    I have to say is kinda sucky, yeah. Regardless of how strict or lenient the local laws/store policies are you should be prepared to show ID for an age restricted product. End of story, really.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer
    I think the same; after all, I was smoking and drinking beer at age 14 and not abusing either. However, it's the law and I rather like my job, so the carding carries on.
    Because the majority of 14 year olds do not have the life experience to be making decisions that could fuck them up for decades to come. -.-

Just like the majority of people that immediately ask for a supervisor or manager ARE going to be sucky. Because as someone said, its not a case of "I understand X to be Y, are you sure?" its more often a case of "I want X to be Y, and I want it NOW."

Comment

LACE (in controlled voice) You don't need to see my identification.
      CLERK: I don't need to see your identification.
      I don't like your attitude!
      Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

I'll agree with lace in the argument that asking for a supervisor doesn't make you sucky... I've before walked into a store and immediately asked for the manager on duty... but that was because I already knew that's who I'd end up talking to anyway (I had called the night before and the person had explained that I needed to come in the next day and speak to a member of management), but I could see on the faces of the service desk people the fear that I was about to go SC on them (and in fairness, considering the problem I was on the border of going over... yeah, funny how a store double billing a credit card on a $900 purchase tends to put people in less than good moods, background, I needed a new stove, a plumber had told me I could put in a gas line for a gas stove and I've wanted one sense before I moved into my condo so I was like, sweet, let's do it, placed the order, gas inspector came out and nixed the installation so I had to stick with electric, I called the store, they said they'd cancel the order on the gas stove and deliver an electric instead, no charge for the change, and low and behold I saw 2 charges on my card statement...)
        so, yes there are times when it isn't sucky to go straight to the top, because sometimes it's something that only the guy at the top can fix. I have no problem admitting with my jobs that there are things that I have to refer to someone above me, and any decent employee at any store will realize that there are things that they just aren't going to be able to do and will have to refer to someone above them.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
          LACE (in controlled voice) You don't need to see my identification.
          CLERK: I don't need to see your identification.
          I don't appreciate that; you are just being rude now for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I have already explained things several times.

The manager would NOT have "caved in", as some of you put it; he was a stickler for the rules so had I been underage, he wouldn't have sold the smokes to me. He was in fact enforcing the rules, as the cashier had misunderstood the rule; which is not to sell to teenagers under 16. Period. Why some of you are failing to grasp this, I don't know. This happened about 4 years ago, and things are stricter now. The guy has also moved on to better things; he now is self employed. He is still fair and square by everyone.

Second, it doesn't give you the right to make nasty jokes about me; even if you thought it was funny, it's not and seeing as there is no indication that there is a joke there, it's just looking like spite to me.

Finally, seeing as some people are just using this topic as an excuse to be spiteful, I think it's run its course. I meant for it to be a nice friendly debate, but obviously there are some people who are unable to debate things in a friendly way. Sorry to everyone, which is the majority of people who have posted on here, that are able to debate this properly, but I think the topic has run its course.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Since people obviously have trouble playing nice, this is being locked.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X