This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a way to start my morning (long)

So I go into work this morning, operating on 5 hours of sleep due to seeing "The Dark Knight" at its midnight showing.

As I'm watching the slew of people come in for the 10:00 show, I see what my brain registers as a fight in the very top row. thinking quickly, I go and get a manager and return to the theatre. By the time I get back up the steps, I see 6 guys pinning another.

One guy turns to me and says

"Call the cops, this guy just pulled a knife"

All the while the pinned guy is like "Bullshit man, that aint mine" etc... as the guys pick the weapon up from the ground.

Cops get called, I walk the cop into the theatre while giving him the lowdown, and the guy is led away in handcuffs.

Then the cops take the six guys, their friend who was with them, my manager and myself into a room to get statements. The story goes something like this.

Aparantly, these six guys got seats when two of them went out for concession items. Drunkard comes in with his 17 year old son and

A: gets angry at the kids choice of seats.

B: sits in already claimed seats.

The guys basically tell him that the seats are saved, to which a string of expletives and arguing comes out of drunky's mouth. The two guys come back and have the same argument to which one of the guy's goes:

"Dude stop being an asshole and just move"

Insert more swearing and threats of "taking it out into the parking lot"

Then, out comes the knife

"Stop being an asshole" guy goes:

"Mother f-er, you don't pull a f-ing knife on me. You do NOT pull a f-ing knife on me"

Violence insues and (here's the best part that I saved till now) the six off duty police officers who were dealing with this drunk tackle and pin the guy till the cops come.

That's right, the crazy S.O.B. pulled a knife on off duty cops.

Needless to say, I didn't have to give a statment. There was nothing that I saw that the other six hadn't seen. They were able to get tickets to the next show and some free concession items. They were pretty cool about the whole thing. And all this about a 1/2 hour after i clocked in.

But what are the odds?
    Last edited by solidmetalgear19; 07-19-2008, 12:34 AM.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

I have no idea how to express the amount of glee that story gave me.

...*giggles some more*

Comment

What about Drunky's son?
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

From what I understand, he just kinda stood there.
        Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Man I love it when people just happen to mess with the wrong people. That story made me feel all warm inside.

Comment

My sincerest hopes that his child will not turn out like him.

Comment

A man drunk at 10 in the morning (-2 points), pulls a knife in a crowded theater (-3 points) on 6 off duty cops (-10 points), and cusses and swears at them (-7 points).

Whatever game he was playing he lost by -22 points.

17 year old son gets +2 points for staying the hell outta it.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth BEN1972 View Post
                My sincerest hopes that his child will not turn out like him.
                It sounds like he's better then his father already. The kid stood out of the way and didn't try to help his dad in any way.
                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Holy Police Officers, Batman!!

*ducksflees*
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

*ducksflees*
                    I ed so loud I woke up my 3-month-old.
                    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      I'm just glad they didn't become stab-bed Police Officers, Robin.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X