This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new title? "Child Happiness Killer"

Let me just start this post off by saying...please, someone, make this summer stop. The people that have been contacting my office are insane.

So, back on the subject of my new title....here's a little pre-me case history of this guest.

The guest had contacted my office on the 18th of this month and spoke with one of the floor agents. She had complained about a long wait time in order to change a city on her reservation. The agent she spoke with offered her 2,000 priority club points and closed the case. The final statement on the case said "Guest stated she will not be using H.I. again"

The guest then called back a little later and got a different floor agent. Apparently, at this point in time, the guest requested to escalate (for no reason that I can tell in the notes). The agent she spoke with did not indicate in the notes that the guest wished to escalate. The notes on this agent's dealings with the guest are "Guest cancelled her upcoming reservation at the H.I. and is staying with Ramada".

The guest called yesterday, the 19th, and happened to call THREE TIMES while I was either on break or on a call. When I was able to, I attempted to call her back-the numbers she provided were disconnected so I sent her an email requesting she contact me back and went on break.

The guest called back another THREE TIMES and provided a correct version of her mobile number.

I called the guest back...this is my conversation with this wonderful specimen of a human being:

Me: I'm sorry about the trouble we had in getting in touch. How can I help you?

SC: First off, I want to tell you that I waited up until MIDNITE last night for a call from you guys.

Me: I apologize, for whatever reason, it does not appear as though the case was escalated.

SC: That's no excuse. I also want to let you know that I want to cancel my Priority Club membership. I am APPALLED by the customer NON service I have received thus far. (as a side note...the whole "customer NON service or customer NO service line always makes me laugh and roll my eyes. Does it drive anyone else crazy?!?!?!)

Me: Well, again I apologize that your service has not been up to your expectations. While we would certainly regret to lose you as a customer, I can transfer you to Priority Club if you'd like and they can assist with the cancellation of your membership.

SC: Let me tell you what's happened to me. First off, I called yesterday on the 800 number to change the city on my reservation. It took 30 minutes for me to do so. Then I requested to speak to the rep's supervisor. She told me "you can call back and ask to speak to me". I told her I did not want her, I wanted her supervisor. The rep then told me that she didn't know how else she could help me and hung up on me!

Me: I'm sorry.

SC: THEN I call back and request to speak to a supervisor and I'm in the queue for your office for 28 minutes and I get to B*****(original agent). And let me say this, she's a complete and utter *****. She could have cared less. I told her about everything and she said "I can give you 2,000 points" I asked her what this meant and she stated "Not a lot since it costs 15,000 points to stay at this property"

Me: Mmmhmmm

SC: So I said "Excuse me?" and she told me that's all she could do for me.

Me: Ok.

SC: So she hangs up on me and I call back, wait in the queue and get C**** (2nd agent). She was rude too. Oh, and prior to that I cancelled my reservation at the H.I. and the person who cancelled my reservation was rude. I told him I wanted to cancel my reservation and he said "ok, good!" and I said "Ok, good?!?!?! Don't you care if I cancel?" and he said "It doesn't really bother me one way or the other". So I said that he was ridiculous and asked to speak to his supervisor, that's why I was in queue.

Me: Ok...

SC: I was supposed to be called back from one of you last night and it didn't happen-I waited up until midnite!

Me: I'm sorry...

SC: And the 2,000 points do nothing for me! It costs 15,000 to stay at the property!

Me: Right...I apologize for the difficulties you've encountered. I assure you this will be forwarded to the agents' managers so this can be addressed further, ok?

SC: I mean, I'm going to contact the BBB onhow you treat customers, this is the WORST customer service I have ever received!

Me: I certainly apologize you feel that way...B***** provided you with $200.00 worth of points for something that we normally do not provide compensation for. I will be sure, however, that the managers are notified of the poor customer service you have received.

SC: Well, I want follow up.

Me: From..?

SC: The managers! How will I know that there has been action taken?

Me: I'm sorry, unfortunately their position is internal and they do not follow up with guests. Your reference number is proof that it has been documented and forwarded.

SC: I work in customer service, I know you're trying to brush me off.

Me: I'm sorry you feel that way...again, it is an internal position so there would not be any follow up provided. Is there anything else I can assist with?

SC: My husband works for the state-I will make sure that he no longer uses his company. I will also make sure our state no longer uses your company. Your customer service is horrible!

Me: Again, I apologize you feel that way. Will there be anything else I can help you with today?

SC: Well. Before I go, I want to make sure you know something....you have completely RUINED my childrens' summer vacation. I had told them that they were going to stay at a hotel with a waterpark. Now, I have had to cancel my reservation. They are devastated. I hope you're happy that you've ruined their summer vacation you CHILD HAPPINESS KILLER.

Me: Thank you for calling, and have a nice day.
    -followed by laughing and me telling one of the Team Managers about my new title.

The hell is wrong with people? Really? You want a FREE NIGHT because you had to wait to get a hold of someone? Here's an idea...make your changes online or call back later.
    Last edited by dekydrose; 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM.

Rule 101:When the person starts asking "Is there anything else I can help you with today?", you're done you SC!

I love your new title though. Does that designation mean you have to register your address with the Sheriff and everyone around you gets those little cards in the mail?
    For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
    http://atriumforum.com/
    Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

wait... something is missing in the story... why did she need to contact GR for a change in reservation... I might not have been the best of macro agents (as is obvious by the fact that I'm no longer there) but unless it is advance purchase I don't see why any branded or macro agent couldn't have changed it. Unless my being fired, and the 2 people who threatened to quit with me actually quitting (though I don't think either of them have yet) has really affected the center that much, when I left we never had hold times of longer than 3 minutes in macro (have no clue what branded was doing though) so how could she have been on hold for half an hour if she was calling there?

so yeah, smiley is a bit confused as to how guest relations got involved with a date change and how she could have a half hour hold time.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I think you may have misunderstood. She called the 800 number to make a change of a reservation and it took a long time-from being in queue. The change was done by PHLRO-as you know, they do not have MACRO. So when she called back and requested a supervisor, she was transferred to my department.

Comment

What I'm confused about is that she wanted to change city??? What - you don't know what city you're going to have a holiday in?? I presume it's a very recent thing, as she's already changed hotels anyway...?????

And, merely because she had to wait in a queue to do something that I would consider MAJOR, she got all bitchy???

Of course - just cos she was mildly inconvenienced is the perfect reason to leave and then...BLAME YOU!!!!

How heartless of you! Shame shame shame...
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
          X