This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be ... rude?

In these really-bad-science-fiction-movie times, we are all trying to support local businesses.

So I'm unsure what to do (if anything) about the following.

Small second-hand bookstore closed early in March. Okay, no surprise there.

But it is STILL closed. Other businesses (including at least one other second-hand bookstore) have reopened, even if only on a limited basis. The owner of this small bookstore last posted on her FB page on March 19. Numerous customers have posted since then (last post by a customer was eight weeks ago) asking if there was any news about a re-opening. There's been no response from the owner.

I'm tempted to recommend [Other Second-Hand Bookstore] to these people. On the one hand, I'm a bit reluctant to post the name of a direct competitor, as it feels almost like sabotage; OTOH ... we don't know what's going on with the owner of this place and there's no way of knowing when or if she will ever reopen. Posts on [Other Bookstore's] Facebook page show they are definitely open.

Thoughts?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

While I think that you should promote second book store to help them in these time, do not promote them on fisrt store's Facebook page.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      While I think that you should promote second book store to help them in these time, do not promote them on fisrt store's Facebook page.
      Thanks. That is what I was wondering.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I don't know about rude but the owner might be in some sort of, well, state? I don't know if you know this person personally but there might be a very good reason why they aren't opening again and promoting the other bookstore could just be rubbing salt in wounds.
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Turns out to be just as well I did nothing, as was recommended: the store appears to be back in business.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X