No announcement yet.

The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In light of the dropping reservations at work we're now getting hours cut. I'm honestly okay with that tbh because I'd rather be at work for as little as possible. And with how many reservations we're losing daily I'm honestly surprised that we're still open anyway. Found out yesterday too that our main housekeeper is in isolation because her hubby is showing symptoms and was getting tested yesterday afternoon. It's definitely one of those situations where I'm glad for the lost reservations because even though I can do the housekeeping work, it's damn hard on my body and there is no way I could do all 20 rooms in a single day by myself even on a good day! Especially with the stringent cleaning protocol in place. As it was, on the housekeeper's two days off I was the one stripping all the linens and doing the laundry on top of my usual guest services duties. Now we're basically shuffling guests to the clean rooms so that we can let the vacant rooms sit until they can be changed over, usually on the days that I work as I'm the only one of us guest services agents that can do this without any issues. And we've only got two guest services agents right now -_-

I think I'll be teaching the other guest services agent how to strip a room at the very least...

Comment

• Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
      ...I think I'll be teaching the other guest services agent how to strip a room at the very least...
      And they can go home and announce, "My work duties now require me to be a stripper!"
      Grandma either faints or applies.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I'm no longer allowed to use a shopping cart to put bags in when emptying the trash bins around the store and in the lot, meaning I have to haul them in BY HAND, no matter how heavy they might be. This is going to KILL my shoulders and lower back in the long run, but we can't have germs in the carts...!

Comment

• O_O If you end up getting hurt because of that, it could be a real problem. Did they put this in writing?

Perhaps ask if they'll let you sanitize the cart, or at least run a clorox wipe over them when done or something? Then again, I haven't seen, or even heard of, stores wiping down carts in several months.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            I'm no longer allowed to use a shopping cart to put bags in when emptying the trash bins around the store and in the lot, meaning I have to haul them in BY HAND, no matter how heavy they might be. This is going to KILL my shoulders and lower back in the long run, but we can't have germs in the carts...!
            Can you get a doctor note? I had a permanent one on file. I didn't have to lift over a certain amount. It made the customers mad but they weren't paying my medical bills.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
              ...I haven't seen, or even heard of, stores wiping down carts in several months.
              I have seen the two Safeway grocery stores closest to my house wiping down the carts in the past month, for what it's worth.
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• I have Lysol spray! When I went to get some food for the weekend, took a walk down the cleaning supply aisle and there was some left. Grabbed two cans.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• I saw abundant Lysol spray and both Clorox and Lysol wipes on display at Walmart recently.

At Costco Business this evening, when I returned my cart, a nice young lady promptly started spraying it and other just-rounded-up carts.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Good to hear it's still actually being done! ^_^
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• The MalWart by me has been doing it since the beginning.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Be careful. Decontaminants, even Lysol and alcohol, are toxic and can be used on carts. But do not allow your food to touch it. Keep it and them as separate as you can. That includes rinsing and drying your hands off between sanitizing hands and touching food. Just because the main chemical is gone doesn't mean the others have gone anywhere.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• I got my first dose appointment for Thursday, February 25th!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Mine was gonna be yesterday, and then the town got turned into Frusen Glädjé. Got rescheduled. Should be tomorrow AM if all goes well.

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Then again, I haven't seen, or even heard of, stores wiping down carts in several months.
                              All the stores in my area are still providing disinfecting wipes for customers to wipe down carts.

I was waiting in line at the pharmacy yesterday (sadly, they don't have a drive-thru) and the two women waiting in front of me were discussing, loudly, that they each have a family member who has tested positive for Coronavirus and is currently quarantining. The louder one's husband had tested positive and was experiencing mild symptoms. Her boss had told her not to come to work. She hadn't been tested yet. But here she was, out at the pharmacy. At least she was wearing a mask.

I used extra hand sanitizer after touching the same keypad as her.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I meant stores sanitizing the carts after bringing them in. Most stores around here have a wipe dispenser, but they're usually out.

1-day later edit: Got Pfizer shot 1 Saturday morning. No apparent side effects.

So, uhm...When do the superpowers kick in? After the second shot? I was hoping for extra limbs or maybe wings or something, but I suppose I could settle for heat vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X