Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part is that you can't even buy tickets at the box office most of the time any more. You have to deal with the racketeers at TM to see anything.
    Only once did I ever get a ticket at Ticketmaster, and that was for a WWE event.

Turned out not to be worth seeing at all. Its a shame TNA doesn't go on the road, or I'd be able to check out some GOOD wrestling.

Far as movies go, if I can't get a ticket at the theatre, I won't see the movie. Mostly because I can't STAND sitting next to people I'm not friends with on both sides. Makes me feel crowded.
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      The worst part is that you can't even buy tickets at the box office most of the time any more. You have to deal with the racketeers at TM to see anything.
      I've used StubHub twice and found decent prices for sports games. It's a good way for people to dump tickets they're not going to use. I don't think it would be very good for concerts, though.

Comment

OMG! I completely forgot about the spriographs. Those were so awesome!

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
          I'll date myself here - the hot toy when I was a kid was a Spirograph.
          Oooh, I'd love to get a spirograph for my boys, that thing was awesome.
          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
            Oooh, I'd love to get a spirograph for my boys, that thing was awesome.
            They still exist. I bought one for my son last year, don't remember where.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              I will always remember the look on this one lady's face when I bought a beanie baby on sale, ripped the tag off its ear, and handed the little stuffed monkey to my teething baby girl.

Who promptly shoved it in her mouth and started chewing on it. :evil:

"You can't doooo that! They're collectable!" She screamed.

The 3'x5' table was piled high with assorted stuffed animals. Nothing is collectable at those numbers. To be collectable, there must be some rarity involved to make it worth something. Otherwise it's just hoarding.
              All of my STar Wars figures are out of their plastic prison. I prefer to look at them standing on a shelf than in some box.

You have to admit, though, the Spirograph not only kicked ass, but it was creative.

Spin Art also kicked ass, and was nice and messy, too.
              WE used to have one of those in elementary school...fun stuff.
              Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM. Reason: multi-quote

Comment

Give me some action figures or a bucket of Legos any day.
                I still have my Legos! Most of the sets date from the early 1980s, and are carefully packed away now. No room to rebuild my city, since the basement is still torn up. But, at least I can download the instruction sheets...and have been slowly adding to the collection
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  I still have my Legos! Most of the sets date from the early 1980s, and are carefully packed away now.
                  Oh, no, we had no sets.

We had random handfuls of Legos that we kept in a tub. I'd build houses and buildings and stuff, and my brother would build robots.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

we have these plastic cups that we get in once or twice a year. they have the company's logo and for the season, candy cane striped straws. they sell for $15 or so. apparently people are buying them and selling them on ebay for upwards of $65. we also have glasses with reindeer and crap on them that people are selling for around $100 for a set of four online. it's ridiculous. we got in our cranberry bliss bars last week but people have been asking for them for about a month. i had one lady get hella pissed off at me because we had signs up for them. understandable...but since we're corporate run, we put up signage when they tell us to, reguardless of if we have the product or not. i explained this to her and she got even more upset. ended up giving her a drink for free just to get her to shut up.
                    i'm not looking forward to working friday. i really don't understand why companies perpetuate mass riots one day a year. it just boggles my mind. i can kinda imagine corporate heads cackling and rubbing their hands together..."yesss...mass riots yess...we feed on the hysteria....the workers fear is like candy...muahahahaah!!"
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

• Quoth protege View Post
                      I still have my Legos! Most of the sets date from the early 1980s, and are carefully packed away now. No room to rebuild my city, since the basement is still torn up. But, at least I can download the instruction sheets...and have been slowly adding to the collection
                      You are adorable. I have a mental picture of you playing with your Legos on the basement floor, but as a grownup.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• May I recommend "James May's Toy Stories"?

Comment

• I'm wondering if I should stand up against the wall with a cig and a blindfold at this point...I'm helping out my old crew at "GameStore" this holiday season, starting this Friday...Work at the office til 1, home for a nap, GS at 3 til probably UnGodlyHourO'Clock.

Fortunately, people seem to EXPECT GS'ers to have a bit of an attitude, should that become necessary...can't imagine why ^_^
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                            we have these plastic cups that we get in once or twice a year. they have the company's logo and for the season, candy cane striped straws. they sell for $15 or so. apparently people are buying them and selling them on ebay for upwards of $65. we also have glasses with reindeer and crap on them that people are selling for around $100 for a set of four online.
                            People who for whatever reason can't get the glasses/items in their local stores might be willing to pay extra above retail just to make sure they get them (I was looking for the Ecto-1 ornament that Hallmark released this year. All stores within 50 miles of me were sold out, I ended up paying about $5 above MSRP on ebay but I felt that the seller "finders fee" was worth it).

I was looking for a specific-design S-bucks card once (I wanted one of the Japan designs, then found that they could only be used in stores in Japan)...quite a large collectors following for certain designs.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• OK, this is the first I've heard of zhu zhu hamsters.

Is it anything like the Gupi?

(Shame those didn't pass FCC type acceptance, so they aren't legally importable to the USA.)

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                                You are adorable. I have a mental picture of you playing with your Legos on the basement floor, but as a grownup.
                                There are many adults that do this, including me. About half of my garage is devoted to Lego bricks. I meet with a local group called Wamalug once a month to play with Lego bricks. And we have a yearly convention called BrickFair (Washington, DC area). Other conventions include Brickworld outside Chicago, Illinois, each June, BrickCon in Seattle, Washington, each October, Bricks By The Bay, a new one, near San Francisco, California, in Spring, and sometimes BrickFest in Portland, Oregon, in Spring.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X