This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Seriously?

Yesterday during a group phone call I found out that the people that now handle most things to do with the building requirements for the client company I've been situated at (including the security contracts) decided to sever the contract with my employer effective July 1. We knew there were going to be changes coming up, but nothing like this. We had all been under the assumption that my employer would be given the opportunity to submit a contract proposal and go from there.

Well, the CEO received a letter this past Monday from the company handling the building stuff stating that our contract was ending. No explanation as to why there had been no contact from them about submitting a proposal, nothing. So during yesterday's phone call the CEO advised us site coordinators that he would be looking into this to see if we could salvage the contract and then get back to us today.

The news was not good. He let us know that the client themselves did not have any issues with us at all, that if they had their way they'd be keeping us, but with this other group making all decisions for the running of building requirements there was nothing the client could do. Frankly, I'd say get ride of the group that did this to us and acted so unprofessionally...although this is not the first time this group has done this with various building-related contracts so I shouldn't be entirely surprised.

So, as of July 1 there will be a new security company taking over. We have absolutely no information about how this change-over is going to occur or if they are even going to be hiring us guards. Absolutely nothing has been communicated to us about this - I even asked the building manager if he knew anything and apparently I know more about this than he does! He is just as pissed off as I am because he does not want to have to deal with an entire team of new people getting settled in, and he has no idea what the plan is with us at this time.

I suppose I should be happy that this month is a three paycheque month for me as I will be able to pay my share of July's rent and not have to panic too much yet. But still, I am feeling rather like a mushroom at the moment and I hate it. I hate that I cannot tell my team what is going on because I have no fucking clue. I know that it isn't my fault that we've been lead around and lied to, but still.

If the new security company opts not to employ any of us I know that I will not be lifting a single finger to train any incoming guard. Yes, it's petty, but I'm pretty pissed off. Since I took over the coordinator position last October things have only gotten better on my two sites and I resent being left in the dark like this.

At this point I can only hope that the new company will pick us up and not make any roster changes, or that I find a new job that doesn't see me working in another call center. Yay -_-

The situation sucks, but don't let it pull you down. Hunt down the new company and show them your initiative. Don't wait for them to ask. Tell them that they need you.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

With the help of one of my guards I got my hands on the contact information for the new company's local office. I just got finished sending off an email to the contact that outlined our willingness to join their team and invited them to contact us, as well as asking for what they would need us to do in order to apply with them. My fingers are crossed!

Comment

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!1!!1!@!!!

So, I went down to the office for the new company today to introduce myself and all that good stuff. Got an on the spot interview and filled out all my paperwork so I'm ready to go for July 1st.

I was fully expecting to be essentially just another guard, but instead I will be the site supervisor but with less responsibility than I have currently. And for more money! And better benefits!

Talk about a relief.

Comment

[doing the Snoopy dance of joy] That's wonderful!
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Great job! I knew you could do it. If I was in their shoes, I would want you for the knowledge of the job that you bring with you. By taking the initiative and going to them, you demonstrated a character trait that I would want to see in my employees. On top of it, they did not low ball you thinking you would be desperate to keep your job. That either means you did a super great job on the interview or you found a pretty good company.

Good luck with the new-old job!
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Now THAT is excellent news!

Comment

Sweet, congrats! ^__^

Now's your chance to pass along their contact info...well...to the CW's you like to work with, anyway.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Conga-rats!

Comment

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Comment

Woohoo! Nicely done.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                      X