This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bag Sale (from little ol' me)

(this isn't verbatim from a previous post, this is a re-write)

Back at the 'max, in mid-august, we had a "bag sale" where the customers would get a brown paper bag in their sunday paper with "OfficeMax" printed on it and you were able to get 20% off whatever you could fill the bag with.

Of course, there were certain exceptions, such as ink carts, electronics, software, etc which were printed on the bag. You were allowed to use the bag for a piece of furniture and get 20% off. Then upon using the bag, the cashier was to rip it up and throw it away so it couldn't be re-used. That way, we weren't giving bags away and such.

Of course, there were people who thought they were above the rules. Many astonished folks wondering why they couldn't be allowed to use the bag for their cordless phone, or why we didn't give them a bag upon entry (although the one cashier saved the bags and turns out he was handing them out - he got written up for it)

Now, when the sale ended, head office sent down a memo saying basically under no circumstances should we take those bags. Our DM called us and threatened us with disciplinary action if a bag were taken.

So on a slow sunday, after the morning rush (to get those flyer deals ) I watched a guy walk in, 4 kids in tow, carrying the brown bag. I decided to inform him then and there rather than have him spend time shopping only to find out he couldn't use the bag. Our convo went:

Me: "Sir, i'm sorry but the bag sale ended yesterday. I'm afraid you can't use that bag today."
    SC: "Well, that's great! (Sarcastically) I just haven't had the time to come in last week since I had no car! Are you sure?"
    Me: "Yes, i'm sure. Corporate sent down the letter saying that we're not able to take the bags."
    SC: "Well, okay. Just so you know, you're about to lose $275 (yes i remember that amt dont ask why lol) worth of business to Office Depot
    Me: "Sir, that is your decision, and i'm sorry we aren't able to honor your bag. Is there anything I can help you with today?"
    SC: "No, we're gonna go to office depot now"
    Me: "Have a nice day"

Anyways, the guy and his 4 kids continue to browse the store, and the guy starts to fill the bag. I watch him approach 3 other associates and finally the manager-on-duty (coolest guy i ever worked for at the 'max) basically told him to go pound salt. He left and went to office depot, probably.

Quoth Quitbuggingmeandgoaway View Post
    He left and went to office depot, probably.
    With the bag?
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      With the bag?
      Most likely.

I worked at Office Depot for 2 and a half years (no raise! thankyouverymuch!) and people would come in with those *bleeping* bags all the time until we had to tell them what *bleeping* store they had wandered into!! Much to their surprise, might I add.

Customers. *sigh*
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

When I worked at OfficeMax, customers would come in with ads from Office Depot.
        Op.125

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
          When I worked at OfficeMax, customers would come in with ads from Office Depot.
          I remember that, from my days at Office Max.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

If he didn't have time during the bag sale, that's his problem. As for the $275 sale? He was probably bluffing.
            Op.125

Comment

How would he know that he'd be spending the *exact* amount of $275 dollars?
              3 Basic rules for ordering food.
              - Order from the menu.
              - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
              - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

he was only able to make away with $275 from the office depot!

Comment

Working...
                X