X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a little sassy

I admit it, but it was funny.

So I had one of our dealers, basically a co-worker, on chat. The conversation went like this.

Dealer: The customer doesn't want a credit check done.

Me: Okay. Then he'll have to go in deposit. The deposit will be 250.

Dealer: He doesn't want to pay a deposit.

Me: I don't want to be overweight. It's not working out for me either...

Dealer: lol

Dealer: I'll tell him.

He decided to let us run the credit check and it came out good, no idea why he was so reluctant. And the day went on...

Could be he was just one of those people that are very particular about their score. Credit checks put a ding and lower it slightly so some people are reluctant to have that tiny hit.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

My understanding is that the "ding" from a credit check "wears off" after a relatively short time. Also, unless you're applying for credit (in which case you would need to get a credit check done), your score is meaningless. Why would they be so concerned about getting a check done?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        My understanding is that the "ding" from a credit check "wears off" after a relatively short time. Also, unless you're applying for credit (in which case you would need to get a credit check done), your score is meaningless. Why would they be so concerned about getting a check done?
        If you're in the middle of something sensitive, like buying a house, and your credit is already marginal, it could make a difference.

However, this guy came back solid... eligible for our gifts. That requires GOOD credit, not just okay credit. So I guess he was paranoid.

Comment

It would depend on whether it was a hard or soft credit check -- In this case, probably a hard one (because it was regarding an extension of credit, and because only hard ones require permission), but the effect on credit score is minimal. It can last up to two years, though. IIRC, they only make a huge difference if you have a bunch within a short period of time (e.g. 4 or more within 6 months??)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            It would depend on whether it was a hard or soft credit check -- In this case, probably a hard one (because it was regarding an extension of credit, and because only hard ones require permission), but the effect on credit score is minimal. It can last up to two years, though. IIRC, they only make a huge difference if you have a bunch within a short period of time (e.g. 4 or more within 6 months??)
            Indeed. My parents had a problem with a large bank where the bank kept "losing" the paperwork for their application. So the bank ended up doing a bunch of credit checks in a short period of time. My mom has really decent credit, so I don't think it was as bad is if it had been my credit, which isn't as good. I have no debt, but the history is short, I have a low amount of available credit, and only one credit card.

My parents were included in a class action lawsuit against that bank. They got some money, it was a pretty big deal a few years ago.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
              Could be he was just one of those people that are very particular about their score. Credit checks put a ding and lower it slightly so some people are reluctant to have that tiny hit.
              If he was that particular about his credit score, he should have just paid the deposit.

Comment

Working...
              X