This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW's house was broken into.

Maybe this goes in off topic, it was a CW so I'm sticking it here.

Anyway, her house was broken into. A bunch of stuff was stolen, laptop, credit cards, and the thief took the car keys and stole her boyfriend's car. Oh, and this CW just got a job someplace that requires a security badge (she's given notice at my work) and the thief stole the badge, too. I guess he got in through an unlocked window, breaking out the screen.

The kicker in all of this? My CW, her boyfriend, and their little toddler were at home asleep upstairs while this happened.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

That's awful. I hope they can find the thief and get all that stuff back. And she doesn't get into big trouble at her new job over the security badge.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That sucks! Last weekend one of my coworkers had her house busted into as well! What is going on in this town???
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

That's really scary.

Comment

I'll never forget the sickening feeling I got when I came home from working a 12-hour shift to find my door kicked in... But to have it happen while you're actually in the house? Doesn't bear thinking about. Hope they get everything sorted out, and glad that this is just a report of theft!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

That happened to a former manager of mine. Someone broke in whilst she had a toddler and newborn in the house, and her husband was away.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

I have the 80 Pound lap puppy that loves everyone, IF i say their ok, if not he protects his "Turf". I also have the good stuff in several Safes and several Cameras installed inside and outside the property. Most people see all of that and choose to pick a... softer target....

Comment

This happened to some good friends of mine - they didn't have a clue that someone had been in their home until they woke up the next morning. It was incredibly upsetting, especially for their kids. At least when someone tried to break into our house we weren't home. Still upsetting, but not as unsettling.

Comment

I had an "almost". I woke up to a loud crash. The dresser in my toddlers bedroom had fallen over. That dresser was placed in front of the window to keep the toddler from escaping. Somebody had broken the window and when they tried to climb in, pushed the dresser over. The resulting crash kept them from actually entering, but my peace was shattered for quite a while.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My last apartment was broken into. The kids who did it apparently hit at least 17 apartments that day. Once they found out that the apartments had HOLLOW CORE DOORS, it was a free-for-all. I got home to this big hole in my door, and a bunch of piddly little stuff missing, and my cat terrorized. I called maintenance, and FIVE hours later the guy shows up, with a screwdriver, because apparently 'I've got a freaking big hole in my door!' translates to 'her locks are loose, bring a screwdriver'. Meanwhile, while he's contemplating the fix, they call him and tell him to go fix another problem, and I'm in the hallway, screaming, 'IF THEY HAVE A DOOR, IT'S NOT AN EMERGENCY!'
                    The guy came back and boarded up the door, but I didn't sleep until they came back the next day and put up a whole new door. Meanwhile, I packed. I was out of there shortly.

Comment

Working...
                    X