This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhooHoo!

I'd say about a year ago or maybe a bit less we had one longstanding person retire, another left. So guess who essentially became the everything assistant? I also took on updating our website (adding information and taking down out of date stuff). So one day a round about a year back I am at my desk completely focused on finding which bit of HTML was not cooperating so I could slap it into compliance. My sup comes up behind me and says Big Kahuna wants you to sit over in his office for the day. Sure ok...WAIT WHAT?! Gee that's not intimidating.

The hierarchy goes me and CWs (level 1, 2, 3) we have a sup. All of us including sup essentially support the faculty in our division. Big Kahuna is the faculty in charge of the division. For the record we have no level 1's and sup does more then chase us, her position is a large position. Also she is totally awesome. I have been a 2 for a decade.

Big Kahuna's direct assistant left unexpectedly. Issues. Anyway long story short I end up being his assistant for a good stretch along with my regular duties and then he gets a temp. That lasts a good while and then she gets another job. The minute she said she got a new job I knew what was going to happen next. Yup you guessed it I am filling in again.

I am the magical mythical everything assistant. I have proven myself true and unlocked the elusive "level up" achievement. Yes my level up to 3 has been officially approved retro to April. Hence the thread title!

This has been in the works awhile but I didn't want to say anything until it was official. Thanks for letting me share my good news!

Sweet Level Up Awards.

Congrads.

Comment

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Ding!

Congrats!

Comment

Having both the smarts and the moxie to jump in and accomplish things on short notice isn't a common talent. Good for you!

Comment

Working...
          X