This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thar She Blows!

While I was at work tonight we had a bad thunderstorm blow through. Literally blew into the front doors of our store! We had flyers all over the front of the store. I'm at my job 14 years and this is the first time I've ever seen the rain come into the store so far. I was probably 30 feet from the door, down an aisle and I was able to feel the rain. Luckily, everyone was fine and our power stayed on. Our competitor across the street lost power but they were the only ones. I was working with two younger girls and they were freaking out. I was more like WTF is going on?

I blame my store manager. Things were kinda slow most of the day and as she was leaving she said that she hoped things picked up. Even before the rain came we got super busy. It was just nuts. So glad I put in for vacation. Too bad it's at the end of July.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    I was working with two younger girls and they were freaking out. I was more like WTF is going on?
    Reminds me of my flight into Ethiopia on a C-130. We got to cruising altitude and I kicked back in the web Seats feet up relaxed and went to sleep. Plane is doing its normal up and down bounce, at one point it drops due to a hard down draft and we drop I was told about 150 to 200 feet. Didn't bother me but the Air Force girl next to me wouldn't stop screaming, after about 5 min I told her if she didn't shut up I was going to throw her out the back ramp. The Air Crew had a good laugh, she was "quieter" but still annoying. Even with headphones on and the C-130 background noise.

Why is it kids freak out about the dumb stuff. lol

Comment

Why is it people grow up thinking it's 'cute' to freak out?!

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
        Why is it kids freak out about the dumb stuff. lol
        In my experience the answer to that is attention. Starting from when they're little kids they learn what will get others attention, and they become so accustomed to being the center of attention that it's almost a personality trait. I had a friend in high school who thought it was cute to be clumsy and oblivious. She would claim that she "didn't realize" that it was a problem. Once she realized that we were not amused she drifted away from our group. Just like she did her previous group of friends.

Back to storms, I guess if I lived in a place where there could be tornadoes or really severe thunderstorms, maybe I'd be a little nervous. But screaming? Uh, no.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
        X