This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Fail

Now, this particular SC is one of the most loathsome ever, cuz of what she did. To start from the beginning, I have Aspergers and one thing I do when stressed is talk in loops. On one day, I was stressed cuz of real life issues, plus insomnia. I really needed to get off the till and calm myself down, but was unable to do so cuz it was so busy, so when I served the SC, I was talking in loops. This is the first part. The SC behaved normally and nicely during the transaction.

Part two was related to me by a colleague of mine; let's call her Sasha. Sasha frequents a forum online where mums go to talk about stuff. No, it's not Mumsnet; it's quite a small place. I will not name it cuz most of the people on there are decent people. Now, the SC decided to make a thread on the forum making fun of me. She didn't name me, but described me in such a way that it was obvious to Sasha that she was talking about me. Sasha decided to call the SC out; she posted on the thread, "Just to let you know, that cashier has autism. Funny how you're always posting about people being mean to your autistic kids, yet you go and do this." Yes, the SC had two kids with autism, which everyone on the forum knew about, and she went and posted this.

Sasha told me that the SC was castigated from all sides by the other mums on the forums, and her thread was deleted. Sasha hasn't seen the SC posting there since; so either she was banned, or she just fled in embarrassment. The next time the SC came in, Sasha pointed her out to me. I went out back. I now do this every time she comes in, cuz I ain't serving that bitch ever again.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

SHe probably got banned, people like that HAVE no shame.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I can understand being annoyed by someone talking in loops (I run into a few on the bus who seem to be on the more severe end of the spectrum and also don't understand social ques that mean "I don't want to talk to you") but I try not to make fun of anyone. There are often reasons people behave in odd ways that are beyond the person's control. If I do need to vent I do so to my hubby.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-31-2016, 05:32 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        I can understand being annoyed by someone talking in loops (I run into a few on the bus who seem to be on the more severe end of the spectrum and also don't understand social ques that mean "I don't want to talk to you") but I try not to make fun of anyone. There are often reasons people behave in odd ways that are beyond the person's control. If I do need to vent I do so to my hubby.
        The only loop talkers I've encountered would talk in loops either about religion or politics. Those are the ones you probably should avoid anyway.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Talking in loops is an anxiety thing too, as I've come to realize. I tend to think things in circles and my speech ends up following suit. I'm more conscientious of it now and it's improving but it always made me feel like I was being annoying.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

It's a manic thing with bipolar too. At least for me.

Comment

Yeah, I've encountered a number of loop talkers in my cab. Relatively common, I'd say. It can be a bit annoying, but I understand that the person almost certainly can't help it, so I don't say or do anything about it.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by talking in loops? I feel like I'm almost but not quite getting what you mean here. I mean no disrespect, it's definitely a me problem not a you problem
                Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by talking in loops? I feel like I'm almost but not quite getting what you mean here. I mean no disrespect, it's definitely a me problem not a you problem
                  I don't know about exactly how LNS talks in loops (it might be a little different for everyone), but I suspect I have Asperger's (my psychologist has not yet confirmed) and I definitely have anxiety, and I do it. With me, I start talking about a thought (usually a stress-inducing one for me), start talking through it, come to the end of the thought process, but instead of stopping there my brain reconnects it to the original thought and I start all over again, with minor modifications as I sort of talk my way through the problem. I call it my way of "processing" a stressful situation. When I catch myself, I try to stop, but my brain just DOES NOT like to leave a thought "unfinished". It's like getting to the conclusion of an essay but instead of summing up, it just starts all the way over from the beginning.

This is why I'm much better at writing stuff out because I can edit as I go, instead of "respeaking" an entire thought three or four times.

Comment

I tend to restate the same thought several times, as though the person I'm speaking to doesn't understand it. It doesn't help that I actually do tend to phrase things as though the person I'm speaking to is as smart as I am (more often than not, they aren't), and it results in a lot of variations of "you get what I'm saying?" in my speech, but I do it even when it's a simple thing.

On my bad days, my anxiety tends to team up with my depression in a logical loop that goes something like "You're worthless because you're crazy and you're crazy because of [past traumatic events] and [past traumatic events] happened because you're worthless". Of course, there's more detail to it in my head but that's the gist of it.
                    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

So, when I get stressed I might overuse a particular word or phrase. For example, "basically" or "you know" or "unfortunately." Also, if I'm saying something and get interrupted, I will almost compulsively try to finish the thought. The conversation will have moved really far away and I'll come back to it. My whole family does this, not just me. I don't do this at work, thankfully.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Ah, I see!
                        Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is. It's like having a song on repeat, instead of playing the entire album. When I'm in a relaxed mode of thought, I can stop myself, but not in a stressful situation.

The SC hasn't been back for quite some time. Good.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I can really relate to this forum and what others said. My anxiety does that to me . Especially if something unplanned happens. LIke the other day my car broke down on highway and set me off for days. Couldn't stop thinking about it

Comment

Working...
                            X