This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two from tonight

BIG COLLEGE FOOTBALL game in my town this afternoon. a bit crazy before the game BUT AFTER..... YIKES, BUT these two just made me shake my head

Addresses addresses addresses

MOD takes a phone order. He does the usual address verify since this is an old customer. customer verifies address.

I get the delivery and head out. I arrive at the address and knock on the door. I get a "WHO IS IT?"

Pizza delivery I answer

Much talking/discussion in the room.

Someone opens the door and asks who the order is for. I tell them the name and phone number and verify I am at the right address.

Door shuts for a few minutes.

NOPE no one here ordered.

OK sorry to bother you and turn to leave. One person calls out "CAN WE STILL get the order??"

No it is a CASH order.

return to the store and put the order in the hot box. 45 MINUTES later real customer calls wondering where their order is. WHEN informed of the incorrect address and his VERIFICATION of the correct address "OOOOOHHHHHH I'm sorry that was a friends address. Here is my current address..."

Stiff as usual.

Try and come up with something a little more creative

OR how alcohol can turn a 30 something man into a drunk 8 year old who thinks fart sounds are funny

a bit of background for this one: I have been doing pizza delivery for 11+ years. I have seen a LOT of weird and strange shit so there is NOT much that will either surprise or make me go HMMMMMMMMMM. Most of these strange things I have posted here over the years. TOO many old lady tube socks, old man hanging fruit, etc. So it takes a lot to make me take a step back and be surprised

end background

One of the last deliveries of my night.

I arrive at the address and knock on the door. All of a sudden this "face" appears in the half moon window at the top of the door. A voice that sounded like a VERY bad imitation of Mr. T starts to speak. The face is moving around. I really could not catch most of what was being said. I do, however, notice that the face is a cardboard cut out of a person with glasses.

The voice continues talking and talking and the face keeps moving around. All of a sudden the door open slightly and the full figure of the person cut out is sticking out of the door and the "voice" starts saying things like "WHO IS IT???" "WHAT are you doing here?????"

I say back in a flat voice "Pizza delivery"

The voice continues and the cut out moves around.

OK this is getting stupid and frustrating. all of a sudden a female voice in the background says "OH we gotta sign for the order. I used a CC to pay for it".

The cut out disappears and the door is slammed shut. I am just about to say FUCK IT and walk away and if they wonder where I went I will tell them TO PICK UP THE ORDER AT THE STORE reguardless of the consiquences to me.

The door then opens and a woman comes out. Yes they were having a post football game party. I give the woman the CC slip so she can sign and I said (yeah maybe I should NOT have but at this point I just did not care)

"You know I have been doing this job for 11 plus years and what just happened is not all that funny or weird or strange. On a scale of 1 to 10 this rates like a 2 on my scale of strange, weird or bizzare.

The woman (who by the way did give a really decent tip) just looks at me with an exasperated look. I hand her the order and leave.

I am not here for your entertainment or amusement, nor do I appreciate things your might find hilarious or funny or creative or humorous, or cute, or "shocking". I am NOT a little organ grinder monkey who does a little dance for your pleasure.

I am here to do a job with the least amount of stupid stuff involved
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-04-2016, 08:52 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

The first guy is an idiot. And then stiffing on top of all that? No more cheesy goodness for him!

The second couple are just bizarre, but at least did tip well...

Comment

That last one - those people had Norm MacDonald syndrome. "I'm REALLY funny. You're just not cool enough to 'get' my humor."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X