Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WANT GREEN OLIVES BLARGGLE LARGGLE LALKDJFLDKJF (a bit long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANT GREEN OLIVES BLARGGLE LARGGLE LALKDJFLDKJF (a bit long)

AND YOU WILL GIVE ME GREEN OLIVES

First a bit of background
    2 or so years ago my pizza franchise decided to delete some higher cost low low volumn toppings. Meaning toppings that usually just sat there and mostly got thrown out at their open container expiration date. One of those toppings was green olives. I can agree with this item and their decision. After opening the pouch the open expiration was about 7 - 9 days. I did the supply truck and a case of Gr. Olives would last us well over 6 months when black olives would last less than 3 or 4 days.

Side note Thank whatever deity we got rid of anchovies over 10 years ago. BLLLLLLLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

End background

Enter Mr. I WANT GREEEN OLIVES AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!!

Within the last week or so we have received 2 "bad complaints"/bad customer survey reports from Mr. Green Olive (GO)

He apparently called the corp. 800-RAT-FINK complaint line to seriously complain about NOT being able to get green olives on his pizza. Now since my franchise no longer stocks this item they had it removed from the main corp. ordering website. Well this guy "tried to be slick" and added instructions to every order stating "PLEASE PUT GREEN OLIVES ON MY PIZZA" since they were NOT available as a regular topping figuring we would still put them on his pizza.

Sorry we do currently not have that item and did not put it on his pizza. This happened several times until he called the corp. complaint line and reamed them. So corp. using their SOP sent him a coupon for a free pizza/whatever. NOW the corp. complaint people does NOT know that my franchise dropped this item from the toppings menu.

Because this "complaint" went through the Corp. veins the GM is required to make personal contact with the customer. The GM pulls the necessary info from said complaint and sends him a very polite e-mail informing him that we are sorry he had a complaint BUT that we have NOT had green olives on the topping menu for at least 2 years and no amount of complaining will change that fact at this time

a couple of days ago he orders a couple of pastas using his free "get out of jail " coupon. THEN proceeds to do a survey AGAIN complaining about the lack of green olives, their absence from the toppings menu, what horrible service this is, how he used to work in the biz and this WOULD NEVER FLY at HIS work.

and that my friends is how we got dinged bad twice in a very short time. BUT now we know his address and I am considering (not that I would fun thought though) just buying a jar of green olives and leaving them on his doorstep as a big F YOU and take your biz elsewhere .
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Are you guys allowed to ban him in your system?

Also, how can Corporate NOT know that they haven't had the topping in ages? x.x

I WISH we could have dropped anchovies back at "DaddyJim's" back in the day (circa 2000). Just barely enough people ordered it to justify carrying the damn things at all, and, even then, there was no guarantee that we would get enough orders to use up a tin (4 pizzas per tin, tops) before it went bad and started to smell even worse. I realize that some people love them, and that's cool...but for those who do not, the scent of the tiny abominations crisping up under a 500F barrage of open flames is not for the faint of heart.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      ... anchovies ...
      AKA Pizza Tchitt
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Several questions:

1) Is your franchise allowed to drop items? I would think corporate would have an issue with that.
        2) The coupon corporate sent is paid for by your franchise?
        3) Now that corporate knows you don't have green olives shouldn't it be up to THEM to contact the sucktomer and let him know that?

You know this cheapskate is going to milk the situation for all it's worth to grab as many freebies as possible!

Comment

When I worked at the pizza place, we had an SC complaint when we dropped fresh sliced tomato from the menu. Reason being that we didn't get fresh tomatoes delivered, so if the one lady who ever ordered them on her pizza rang up, then someone had to leave the pizza place right in the middle of the busy period to go and buy some from the supermarket down the road. Eventually, my boss asked corp if he could drop them, given that only one customer ever wanted them and the hassle cause by losing one staff member to go buy the sodding tomatoes, and corp agreed.

Remember I said only one lady ever asked for sliced tomatoes on her pizza? Well, when we stopped offering them (new menus and everything), she threw a bitchfit about it. However, she didn't get any freebies, cuz in this case, corp didn't throw us under the bus and she was told that no matter how many times she complained, she wouldn't be getting this topping. The whole thing really bugged me cuz, if it bothered her so much, then why the fudge didn't she just buy her own fresh tomatoes and stick them on top of her pizza herself?
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Several questions:

1) Is your franchise allowed to drop items? I would think corporate would have an issue with that.
            2) The coupon corporate sent is paid for by your franchise?
            3) Now that corporate knows you don't have green olives shouldn't it be up to THEM to contact the sucktomer and let him know that?

You know this cheapskate is going to milk the situation for all it's worth to grab as many freebies as possible!
            #1 Yes they are. This company has 6000+ store across the US (with the majority say 99% are franchised) and I really do not know how many franchises there are. There are another 5500+ store internationally. This will produce regional, sectional, seasonal, and franchise differences in menu offering. Not all menu items/topping are all encompassing and universal. Even within my own franchise there are differences. some stores offer stuff we do not and in one region of my state they have regularly offered menu items we have never heard of (this by way of people trying to order said menu item here when they come in from that region of my state).

#2 given corp. logic the answer is yes. we eat the food, labor, and time cost. and we are the ones who get shit on when complaints like this come in. Corp. could really care less except that we as a franchise got a "black mark" which in corp.'s mind is a really bad thing.

#3 give the behemoth nature of our parent corp. ( and their parent corp.) they could care less. typical corp. mentality: Let the small fry minions get shit on while we buy ivory backscratchers and go on 3 martini lunches, then think up more stupid shit to dump on the minions and wonder why the minions cry poor. What NO PROBLEM.

Comment

The sort of anchovies usually put on pizza could best be described (by me) as "hairy, fish-flavored, salt". Blech.

I know good anchovies exist, but those are not the ones generally used as pizza toppings.

Comment

When fresh tomato slices are put on a pizza then cooked, they're quite delicious. Fresh yet hot... adding them after the cooking wouldn't be nearly as good. But if you don't have them, you don't have them.

Comment

2 or so years ago my pizza franchise decided to delete some higher cost low low volumn toppings. Meaning toppings that usually just sat there and mostly got thrown out at their open container expiration date. One of those toppings was green olives. I can agree with this item and their decision. After opening the pouch the open expiration was about 7 - 9 days. I did the supply truck and a case of Gr. Olives would last us well over 6 months when black olives would last less than 3 or 4 days.
                  My understanding is that although the shelf life of an open pouch of green olives is around a week, an unopened pouch has a shelf life of over 6 months (otherwise a case wouldn't last that long). Am I correct?

Why can't the chain do a compromise that would allow individual outlets to offer low-volume toppings (so customers would still have the choice) while not having to throw out large quantities of expired product? Specifically, offer "specialty" toppings that are likely to be low volume at some outlets (obviously, pepperoni and cheese wouldn't qualify) in "low volume" packaging (pouch is half the size of normal, half as many pouches in a case) at the same price per unit weight (would defeat the purpose to have a higher price per unit weight, since that could also "tip the scales" into an outlet not carrying it), with the restriction that no outlet could order more than one "low volume" case of a given topping in a month (to keep outlets where the regular package is viable from ordering the "low volume" packaging to marginally increase freshness.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

#1 Yes they are. This company has 6000+ store across the US (with the majority say 99% are franchised) and I really do not know how many franchises there are. There are another 5500+ store internationally. This will produce regional, sectional, seasonal, and franchise differences in menu offering. Not all menu items/topping are all encompassing and universal. Even within my own franchise there are differences. some stores offer stuff we do not and in one region of my state they have regularly offered menu items we have never heard of (this by way of people trying to order said menu item here when they come in from that region of my state).

#2 given corp. logic the answer is yes. we eat the food, labor, and time cost. and we are the ones who get shit on when complaints like this come in. Corp. could really care less except that we as a franchise got a "black mark" which in corp.'s mind is a really bad thing.

#3 give the behemoth nature of our parent corp. ( and their parent corp.) they could care less. typical corp. mentality: Let the small fry minions get shit on while we buy ivory backscratchers and go on 3 martini lunches, then think up more stupid shit to dump on the minions and wonder why the minions cry poor. What NO PROBLEM.
                    1) So if this is allowed then sucktomer has no complaint as your not having the topping in question is within the rules.
                    2) I figured as much, it's a pity you can't tell corporate to give THEIR money to scammers and not yours.
                    3) Again, I should have known better... I know other franchisees have sued their parent companies, is this something that might happen here in the future? Given all the crap you've told us it would seem the only way to get their attention...

Comment

In my experience, asking "why can't [corporate/bosses/government/etc] do X" can usually be answered with "because it would make sense".
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        My understanding is that although the shelf life of an open pouch of green olives is around a week, an unopened pouch has a shelf life of over 6 months (otherwise a case wouldn't last that long). Am I correct?
                        correct. the unopened pouch self like can be up to a year.

Why can't the chain do a compromise that would allow individual outlets to offer low-volume toppings (so customers would still have the choice) while not having to throw out large quantities of expired product? Specifically, offer "specialty" toppings that are likely to be low volume at some outlets (obviously, pepperoni and cheese wouldn't qualify) in "low volume" packaging (pouch is half the size of normal, half as many pouches in a case) at the same price per unit weight (would defeat the purpose to have a higher price per unit weight, since that could also "tip the scales" into an outlet not carrying it), with the restriction that no outlet could order more than one "low volume" case of a given topping in a month (to keep outlets where the regular package is viable from ordering the "low volume" packaging to marginally increase freshness.
                        See below is all I can say. WWWWAAAAAYYYYY above my paygrade and responcibility. I is just a poor little wage slave with no authority or responcibility I just reports the stupid.

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        In my experience, asking "why can't [corporate/bosses/government/etc] do X" can usually be answered with "because it would make sense".

also some of the products offered outside of the US are absolutely YYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMM looking (as far as I can tell) but a real bitch to make
                        Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-07-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Green olives on pizza sound awful. The fresh tomato sounds good but a good portion of the year you'd get "not really ripe or flavorful" tomato. I worked making pizzas at a franchise about 30 years ago. I hated putting the anchovies on. I think our tins then were 2 pizzas per tin.

I know you're not in charge. But I would include the green olives again but have a "specialized topping" category. Maybe $8/per pizza to have green olives.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                            The fresh tomato sounds good but a good portion of the year you'd get "not really ripe or flavorful" tomato.
                            Yeah, good luck with getting a decent one on any commercial-grade product. Even when it's the correct season for actual ripe tomatoes, unless you hit up a farmer's market or grow them yourself you will still get the flavorless ones that are force-ripened. Because they travel better.

And how many pizza franchises are willing to send their employees to the farmer's market on a daily or weekly basis?
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I glanced at the guys "complaint" and saw that he "threatens" to continue complaining as much as possible until "someone there wises up and puts green olives back on the toppings menu".

I so want to just leave a bottle/can of green olives on his front step.

The problem is with all that complaining he just might get his wish as Franchise mangelment will just do it to shut him up and quit complaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X