This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The School Lunatic

I mentioned in my last post about a sophomore girl I knew who is a little... I'm not going to sugarcoat this, she's an utter lunatic...

I work in my school's front office as a Senior Year Office Aide, my duties involve delivering messages, sorting mail, and helping parents drop stuff off when their kids forget it.

When this girl comes into the office, I kid you not, I legitimately hide from her. Twice now parents have come into the drop off center to see me hiding under the table, or in the unbuilt shelves that we don't have the means to build.

So how did it get this way? She's smaller and younger than me, I shouldn't be the slightest bit afraid of her but... Well you'll see. I will make note that this little story spans two years, so it's a bit long.

I met her my Junior year and she seemed nice. We didn't talk much at first seeing as how we were opposite sides of the classroom and she was a freshman.

And what actually got us together was a freaking PIXAR movie! We were watching Monsters Inc. in class. At the end of pretty much all Pixar movies, they have kinda a bloopers thing in the credits and at the end, Monsters Inc. has a little musical number.

Being a huge Pixar fan, I knew this and unfortunately so did she... If I'd known that stopping the teacher from playing the movie so I could see a stupid little clip (that I could probably search for on Youtube no less) I would never have done it.

After a little talking, I learned her name (Clayrissa) and for awhile, I honestly considered her, not quite a friend, but a decent acquaintance.
    I learned a lot about her within about two weeks, specifically when we became partners for a Teen Dating Violence Awareness poster project. It was here that I picked things were, umm... a little off with her. The said poster required several facts and three pictures. She tried to made a Twilight themed poster... As well as put gravestones and skulls on it... Using any form reasoning she could to make it work. Of course, having an unrelated picture would cause us to lose points. So that was banned.

However, it was when she told me, I kid you not, that she was a vampire that pretty much convinced me. Apparently her stepdad bit her about two years before and she's been a vampire ever since... She started wearing a little plastic plate around her neck that she told me was to keep from getting a stake to the heart. Oh, and let's not forget the plastic vampire teeth...

She started over the next few months expressing herself, different wigs, costumes, the administrators were getting so sick of sending her down to the nurses office to change clothes. She even came is a full cat suit, whiskers, tail, collar, the whole bit! While not necessarily crazy, definitely odd... Especially in a school setting when there are no particular events going on that would allow dressing up.

Then she bit someone. Vampire style. Some girl fell asleep in class and Clayrissa was sitting next to her... Yeah... I thought it was some rumor but when I asked, she was very dodgy about it and kept wanting to change the subject.

Oh, let's not forget the time she found out I drive to and from school... I was actually leaving after a long day and I see her walking on the side walk. She sees me and I made the mistake of of waving. She ran over to my car and JUMPED ON TOP OF THE HOOD, AND DASHES TO THE PASSENGERS SIDE IN THE SPAN OF ABOUT TWO SECONDS! Had I not seen her coming, I could have killed her easy. I hadn't even been driving for a year at the time, and my reaction time is below normal. I had to slam my brakes to avoid even hitting her. Thank god there were no cars behind me. I definitely would've been rear ended. Why did she do this? She had to meet her mom at the ice cream place around the corner and she didn't feel like walking. She even tried to get me to drop her off in the middle of the road. She didn't quite understand when I told her it was illegal...

If that wasn't bad enough for my concern of my safety, during one of our conversations, I found out she had a little brother, and he just happened to be one of my mom's students that she was currently teaching. That was a connection I NEVER wish I made.

Turns out, from what my mom said, lunacy runs in their family. Legally, she's not allowed to tell me much (so I can only assume it's pretty bad...) Her mother has a history as a schizophrenic, the little brother is a total pain for my poor mom with his misbehavior. And the entire family (including the two other brothers not mentioned) all live with their grandmother because mom is so messed up she can't find anywhere to work.

That is until this year, they bought their own house. But... that didn't last long. This is why I fear this family. The youngest son actually set the house on fire, Clayrissa tried putting it out, and her little brother actually shoved her aside and wouldn't let her do it.

I know from my mom has told me, Clayrissa has been in and out of mental hospitals all her life. No one is that family is stable as well as being compulsive liars. And unfortunately for me, I'm stuck with her until I graduate in a few months time. Until then, I'm stuck hiding behind cement pillars, under tables, or in any blind spots that I know of...

Help me...
    Last edited by Eevie; 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

HOLY HERA. That is amazing. And I now I need to snuggle under the covers with a bunny
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'd offer you mine Elspeth, but they're still trying to understand that peeing on bed=no no. At least they get that peeing on me = no no.

Comment

Talk about a lunatic alright.

The dressing up might seem a little strange, but the rest of the events mentioned puts her right into crazy lunatic territory. That girl needs help BADLY.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
          However, it was when she told me, I kid you not, that she was a vampire that pretty much convinced me.
          Have you considered getting a nice new necklace? Perhaps a silver cross or crucifix on a silver chain? And be sure to have garlic available at lunch time. I found a web page full of garlic treats, including Vampire Repelling Garlic Mints
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Have you considered getting a nice new necklace? Perhaps a silver cross or crucifix on a silver chain? And be sure to have garlic available at lunch time. I found a web page full of garlic treats, including Vampire Repelling Garlic Mints
            I've told her I'm descended from vampire hunter to keep this chick away from me, worked for a while. But lasted about two days.

Comment

I know a girl who was very similar. Personally, after I was 12 and stopped believing (wishing) I was a moon princess, I wouldn't take other's people's crap like that xD

So when I'm a sophomore/junior, and a girl I used to kind of be friends with started the same "i'm a vampire" and some stupid violent shit, i just rolled my eyes and distanced myself further
              Is there a way you can report her to the school? I know in my area a kid acting like that could actually get reported to counselor's, even over small matters.

I'm glad she didn't mess up the car though o.O

Comment

She does sound...Off. Mostly.

I wouldn't totally discount the attempt to connect Twlight to teen dating violence awareness. There are psychologists who have pointed out that Edward and Bella's relationship hits all the warning signs for abusive relationships. So maybe Clayrissa has something there.

It does sound like she and her family need counseling, though. Hasn't anyone in the school health office tried to look into this?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  She does sound...Off. Mostly.

I wouldn't totally discount the attempt to connect Twlight to teen dating violence awareness. There are psychologists who have pointed out that Edward and Bella's relationship hits all the warning signs for abusive relationships. So maybe Clayrissa has something there.

It does sound like she and her family need counseling, though. Hasn't anyone in the school health office tried to look into this?
                  Well she's been in and out of mental hospitals, but clearly it hasn't helped much... There are a few other incidents that I can't legally go into. The way their house burned down and the almost accident with my car are about as far as I can go. This girl is unfortunately really close with the school higher-ups, even more so than me (mom as a teacher and me as an office aid, I have some good connections), but she's in and out of the counselors office so much that I don't think much will be done...

EDIT: Forgot to mention her reasoning for wanting Twilight on the poster. "Vampires are sexy and it would be like the honeymoon stage in an abusive relationship!" THAT'S what I dealt with for 3 full days while we worked on that stupid project....
                  Last edited by Eevie; 01-09-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

I think I'd definitely look into getting a nice cross necklace and bracelet, regardless of whatever religious beliefs if I had to deal with a gal like that. Possibly also see about finding a vial or flask of holy water to carry around conspicuously when she might turn up.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                      I think I'd definitely look into getting a nice cross necklace and bracelet, regardless of whatever religious beliefs if I had to deal with a gal like that. Possibly also see about finding a vial or flask of holy water to carry around conspicuously when she might turn up.
                      ^^This. She is seriously creepy.

I do actually agree with the Twilight/abuse relationship thing but not the use of it in the poster.
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

My solution to this problem would be to go to the store and buy a whole bulb of garlic. They are very cheap, and they last for a long time. So you could just have it in your purse or backpack, and whenever she comes around, just wave it at her. Since garlic doesn't really get pungent until you cut it up (physical properties of garlic that I'm not going to go into), it's not like it will stink up your bag or anything, though if you are worried about that you could always just keep it in a ziploc baggie. It's also cheaper than any jewelry, if you don't already have a cross. And when you see her coming, you could just wave the garlic at her and cry out, "Back, foul creature!"

Could be entertaining if nothing else. And it might cost you all of 50 cents or so.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Vampires are sexy and it would be like the honeymoon stage in an abusive relationship!"
                          Ewww. Creeptastic.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I...I just have no words.

Except to suggest eating some garlic, and then breathing heavily on her. "Oh man, I've had MASSIVE cravings for Italian food lately!"
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Is it possible to make a perfume outta garlic? That or make garlic scented holy water and put it in a spray bottle.

Dunno where you are but there are some restaurants where there's garlic in every single one of their food entrees. Even the desserts. I remember my husband went to one years ago and the smell of garlic permeated through his pores for two days, even after a shower.

Comment

Working...
                              X