Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a hospital bill for something I never had?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a hospital bill for something I never had?

Hmm,

I just got a bill for about $100 for 'Lab supplies/services - IP ANC' from the local hospital. My name is on it, and it's billed for something I supposedly had done a few weeks ago. I haven't been in the hospital in 5-years. I wonder what's up.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Ah. Called them today. It was testing I had done at the doctors that was sent in for processing, but my doctor did not supply them with my new insurance information, so they billed me directly. Phew! It's all good!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Ah. Called them today. It was testing I had done at the doctors that was sent in for processing, but my doctor did not supply them with my new insurance information, so they billed me directly. Phew! It's all good!
      Still, it's always a good idea to scrutinize an itemized bill for services. Sometimes hospitals pad bills with stuff you don't get.

This happened to me when I had eye surgery when I was 21 (still on Dad's insurance). When Mom got the billed she asked me if I'd gotten an enema. She thought it strange I would be charged for one for eye surgery. I told her no, I hadn't. She calling billing and got the bill corrected, so we didn't pay for it.

Most patients let their insurance handle all that, and don't scrutinize their bills. So errors creep in or allowed to creep in because it's more money for the hospital.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I received a letter like that from a collection agency. I wrote (certified mail, of course) a reply reading along the lines of: Prove this debt is mine and I'll pay it.
        That was in '99 and I still haven't heard from them.

The lesson to learn here is always question an unfamiliar bill.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I agree. I thought it might be something like you said, your dr. ordered something but its actually processed, etc. elsewhere.

Comment

I'd be rather surprised if the doctor giving me eye surgery HAD given me an enema...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              I'd be rather surprised if the doctor giving me eye surgery HAD given me an enema...
              Well... It'd make your eyes go BIG! for sure.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                It was the 80's; back then laprascopic surgery was just getting started. Most people having major surgery got an enema so they wouldn't get constipated, which is a complication of general anesthesia and immobility after surgery. I didn't need it, however, because I went home the next day. Nowadays they'd probably do the procedure I had in an outpatient setting; back then I spent two nights in the hospital (day before surgery, day of, went home day after).
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Next time i go under, if my Ortho orders an enema so he can fix my blown to hell rt knee I'm just gonna go find another one...

Otherwise, i did get a bill from my primary care dr's billing company trying to charge me for a pair of shots I never received. Haven't seen him in almost a year (outside of ortho issues, I'm pretty healthy) and raised holy hell with em. Twice...

Comment

Working...
                  X