This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I break my wrist

I'm typing this one-handed... I broke my wrist in three places today, playing basketball with an autistic kid. Now, when a normal person breaks their wrist they go to the hospital. Not me. I had to wait for the kid's mom to arrive, then i had to drive 10 miles home, wait for a cake to come out of the oven, ride across town to sell some video games to get the gas money to go to the hospital (bf and i are both flat broke), then hit roadwork en route to the hospital.

you can't make this shit up.

it was a fudge cake, btw.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

But you couldn't go to hospital on the company's dime? It happened at work, right? At any rate, sorry this happened!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ouch! Get well quick.

Comment

So sorry to hear this!! It must be the week for breaking wrists - my SIL broke hers 2 days ago playing football with my 2 nephews. Hope you feel better soon.
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
          It must be the week for breaking wrists
          No lie, a friend of mine sprained her wrist at work two nights ago.

Hope you feel better soon, Antisocial_Working...and that the cake was delicious.

Comment

On the plus side, you do have your own personal nurse to take care of you, for those couple of hours when he is not at work. Milk it while you can. Oh, and I hope it is not your dominant hand.

Get well soon.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              On the plus side, you do have your own personal nurse to take care of you, for those couple of hours when he is not at work. Milk it while you can. Oh, and I hope it is not your dominant hand.

Get well soon.
              it is the dominant hand. still in the temporary cast. work has okayed workers comp, so now we wait for the doctor i saw today to schedule a ct scan. he said today that some of the bones are shattered.

i hurt. a lot.

thanks, everyone for your well wishes.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                it is the dominant hand.
                Ow! So many things you won't be able to do, and so many of them are things you don't want to ask someone to do for you. Like brushing your teeth.

When I burned my hand, I went out to dinner by myself once. Wasn't thinking about what I ordered. I had to ask the waitress to cut my chicken for me. Good thing I went to someplace that knew me.
                Save the Ales!

Comment

Ow. Owowowowow shit. I cannot imagine what /how that would hurt and mess up your daily operations. Hugs from me and a purr from Ivory Kitty. Hope you heal soon.
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    Ow! So many things you won't be able to do, and so many of them are things you don't want to ask someone to do for you. Like brushing your teeth.

When I burned my hand, I went out to dinner by myself once. Wasn't thinking about what I ordered. I had to ask the waitress to cut my chicken for me. Good thing I went to someplace that knew me.
                    I would so cut up a regular's chicken, and then totally tease him/her about it (with great affection, of course). If I could make the person laugh about it and feel better, total victory.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      I would so cut up a regular's chicken, and then totally tease him/her about it (with great affection, of course). If I could make the person laugh about it and feel better, total victory.
                      That is exactly what happened and why I have been a regular there for 16 years.
                      Save the Ales!

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                        i hurt. a lot.
                        Poor you *gives hugs and hands over Lady Baltimore cake and banana / choc chip muffins, baked today*
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

But how was the fudge cake?????

So, SO sorry about your wrist. Hope you feel better soon.
                          Women can do anything men can.
                          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                          Maxine

Comment

2 words: cast funk.

Comment

does anybody have tips for coping with this? left wrist sprained, right wrist broken. i can barely wipe my own ass. can't bathe myself, brush or comb or wash my waist-length hair, can barely brush my teeth. getting dressed is agony. i can't even button my pants. when the hell does this stop hurting? it's humiliating having to ask bf to do so much for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X