This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More incompetent front office staff shenanigans

I get wicked migraines. Fortunately they have been getting less frequent over the years, but when I get them, they lay me up for at least a day, sometimes longer.

A friend of mine who also gets migraines referred me to a neurologist. He used to see her when she worked for the VA clinic, but she has a private practice now (and my friend goes to a different VA neurologist for his migraine treatments.) I called this neurologist's office about 6 weeks ago to make an appointment. They gave me a date and time and told me they'd call me the day before to remind me/confirm the appointment. Foolishly, I did not write down the date/time myself for this reason, although I did note that it was during the last week in September (so, right now.)

I called their office on Monday to find out when my appointment was so I'd be sure to leave that day clear. The person I talked to has no record of me ever having made an appointment with them. She has none of my info and my name isn't even in their system. She took my phone number and told me she would check into it and call me back.

That was Monday afternoon. It is now Wednesday night and I have not heard back from them. I doubt I will and I have no intention of attempting to make another appointment with them. My friend is insisting that I should still try to get in to see her, but I pretty much operate on a one-strike policy when it comes to health care professionals these days. I know everybody is human and mistakes happen, but I have been through way too much bullshit to have the patience for this kind of behavior when we're talking about my health and wellbeing.
Working...
X