This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a calm and pleasant demeanor to hostile

A couple of days ago, just as I was getting settled in, I received a call from a customer regarding their invoice. It started off as pleasant enough, but then took a dark turn when I told this lady what she did not wish to hear.

GS: (Me)
    SC: (You know who)

GS: Good morning, customer service, how may I help you?

SC: Hello, and good morning to you. I would like to discuss a bill I received. It says we were billed for eight hours on a conference call when we only were on it for four.

GS: Sure, no problem. Well, I can see what you mean, but we billed for eight hours due to......

SC: (cutting me off and now turning hostile) It was for four hours, not eight! We know what we should be billed for!

GS: I understand that. However, what I need to tell you is that it is eight because two people dialed in to the conference, per our records.

SC: It was only four hours! We don't care how many people were on it.

GS: I'm sorry, but if more than one person dials in.....

SC: We're only going to pay for four! You all are trying to get rich on us!

GS: I can assure you we're not doing that. And, I also see from the notes that we have discussed this before about two months ago.

SC: (Silence, and you can almost hear crickets chirping)

GS: Is there anything else I can assist you with, SC?

SC: No! We were on for four hours!

GS: You are correct, but two people dialed in, making it eight, for one invoice.

SC: Fine! Thank you! (and hangs up)

The notes did explain it all, as yes, they showed that she has had this explained to her many times before, which I think is why she did a 180 on her attitude with me, turning from Dr. Jekyll to Mrs. Hyde in one shot. I had never spoken to her before, and my belief was she was gambling that I would not catch on to this, or know about our billing system.

Funny thing is, the bill normally gets paid within a week of her pleasant turned hostile phone calls.

Does she make this call every time they are billed? How odd.

Comment

Pretty much. They don't use our services often, but we've had the same conversation practically each time.

Comment

Working...
      X