Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, another customer can't ring up your gas...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, another customer can't ring up your gas...

This was a doozy. I honestly can't believe that people can be this rude or unintelligent in my line of work. Most customers, in my store, interrupt other customers and transactions to try and get service but still...

I was ringing up my regular customer for her usual beer and cigarettes, when one of my night time regulars came in. (thank goodness this woman usually comes in around 12 or 1, so i don't have to see her that much)

Night time SC comes up to my regular customer and tells her to "ring her up for $20 on 11." Huh? First of all, not only are you interrupting me ringing her out, but how the heck is a customer going to ring up your gas?!

I guess night time SC didn't like the fact that she didn't hand me the money, because not only did she repeat herself, but when she didn't hand me the money she walked out the door calling my customer "a racist cracker."

My good regular tells me "not to ring her up," so I don't. The SC comes back in and asks if I set her gas, and I said no and gave her the money back. Now she tells me she's going to "drag my arse all over the floor," because how dare I tell her to leave, and I must be some kind of pill popper because no one refuses her service. My coworker also refused her service.

I told my boss about it, and he is not a fan of racism and says he would have kicked her out to. The funny thing is, she came in a couple days ago about 3am as I was leaving. She told my boss that "I almost got my arse beat, and I must have been hiding out." But who hasn't come back to my shift since this incident happened? Oh yeah, I'm so scared.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

Quoth pinky View Post
    I guess night time SC didn't like the fact that she didn't hand me the money, because not only did she repeat herself, but when she didn't hand me the money she walked out the door calling my customer "a racist cracker."
    I'm sure the irony of accusing you of being a racist and calling you by a racist term in the same breath would have been completely lost on her.

Comment

yeah...she completely lost her cool too when I told her "I don't serve racists." Guess she didn't want to believe she might have said something to that effect.
      “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
      ― Rebecca West

Comment

She's lucky she didn't run into someone who DOES serve racists - with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          She's lucky she didn't run into someone who DOES serve racists - with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
          Tempting, but I'd be afraid of food poisoning . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Tempting, but I'd be afraid of food poisoning . . .
            I would think even cannibals would have their standards.

It's no use trying to use logic on stupid people . . . they'll just beat you to death w/experience.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

These are the worst times trash like this visit. I feel for those who work at these places when most of us are sleeping.

Comment

Maybe see if the management will let you ban this person. She's threatened you with physical harm multiple times -- on camera -- at this point.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'd agree with that; we've banned a customer cuz she told the manager that she hoped that she'd burn to death in a fire. Why? Cuz we refused to authorise her pump after she jumped the queue.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X