Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you walking upright? Bonus Roadkill moment.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you walking upright? Bonus Roadkill moment.

Today was the day for imbeciles. The day where no one had one freaking clue. Why would you shop for a tablecloth if you have NO IDEA the size of your table, and don't want to estimate? Why would you then get mad at your husband over the phone about it? Oh, and if we don't sell something, don't get mad at me about it. Also, don't insist that we "must have" a table pad which is both heat proof and water proof when no less than three employees told you we do not carry such a thing. Don't run off while I'm helping you when you see another employee so that you can ask her the same question. Then come flying back and say "so where is *alternate fabric*" in an impatient tone. When I say I can show you, don't say "Good! I was getting frustrated!" Um, yeah, me too. Finally, after all this, don't tell me you're in a hurry because you have an appointment!

Don't have a a coupon on your phone which is an online coupon. Or one which has no bar code or expiration date. I'm 99% sure that coupon expired yesterday. I hope so much that you got the manager who will tell you no. How could we possibly use a coupon which just says the discount amount but no other information? Might as well be written in crayon. And don't get snotty about how you "don't think it's right" that we wouldn't honor that so-called coupon. Don't tell me you're from up north, that is not a magic spell to scare us into giving you a discount. If you're going to be rude, don't also be super needy. None of us want to help you if you just get pissed at anything we say. Our counters are not your personal shopping space! Don't bring tons of stuff and just dump it. Repeatedly. Even after I pointedly got you a shopping cart and put all your stuff into it.

Oh, and while I'm helping the tablecloth pad lady, these really awesome customers come up and my coworker gets to help them. They are so great. We know their names, and even if they get the really new employee who is slooooooooow and doesn't know anything, they have never been impatient or said a bad word about anyone.

(I could have made a separate Roadkill post, but I feel like it's a part of my SC day, but I will move it if necessary.) Don't honk at me because you can't read that YOU HAVE A YIELD SIGN! I normally avoid this intersection like a politician avoids a lie detector, but I treated myself to an expensive coffee and had to go this way. I've included a pic so you can see the yield sign. I was in that right hand lane (the one with all the cars), and another car was driving where the yield sign is, and honked because I didn't yield. I am not proud of the gestures I made. In fact, I hardly ever do that because I worry that it will provoke road rage, but today I was just so pissed that I didn't even care. Even now I wish I hadn't, so in case I stop posting, the guy in the tan older model Corolla killed me.

Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    Today was the day for imbeciles.
    As in there's only one? Coulda fooled me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ah yes. I normally drive around the back of that shopping center to specifically avoid that intersection. There's way too much stupid that flows through there.

And the special snowflakes from "up north"... I feel your pain there. I've had some flat-out say, "You need to give me this rate at par because otherwise there's just no way we're staying with you because of the exchange rate." Okay, so you're not staying with us. A crappy exchange rate doesn't entitle you to a discount. We may offer one on occasion if business is slow enough to offer it, but you don't get to demand one.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Why would you shop for a tablecloth if you have NO IDEA the size of your table, and don't want to estimate? Why would you then get mad at your husband over the phone about it? Oh, and if we don't sell something, don't get mad at me about it.
        We get these idiots all the freaking time. How can you not know that you need to take measurements before beginning any project? Doesn't matter if you're making a tablecloth, painting your house, building a deck, you have to take measurements so you know how much stuff to get! Duh!
        How could we possibly use a coupon which just says the discount amount but no other information? Might as well be written in crayon. And don't get snotty about how you "don't think it's right" that we wouldn't honor that so-called coupon.
        Sounds like you had the same idiot I dealt with a while ago. Granted, our website could be designed better, but how do they not comprehend that a coupon needs a bar code, just like every coupon in existence for the past twenty years!
        Our counters are not your personal shopping space! Don't bring tons of stuff and just dump it. Repeatedly. Even after I pointedly got you a shopping cart and put all your stuff into it.
        I hate those people too! Yes, the cutting counter is a nice big table, but we need all of that space. We can't cut your 72" wide felt if you've got all your notions, patterns, other odds and ends, coffee cup, giganto-purse, screaming toddler and your own arse parked on the cutting counter!!!
        Oh, and while I'm helping the tablecloth pad lady, these really awesome customers come up and my coworker gets to help them. They are so great. We know their names, and even if they get the really new employee who is slooooooooow and doesn't know anything, they have never been impatient or said a bad word about anyone.
        We've got a few repeat customers like that too. (One even made us a beautifully decorated and very tasty ginger cake for Christmas.) It's always nice to see them. Wish more people were like them.
        Last edited by XCashier; 05-26-2015, 08:47 PM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's always the Corolla's fault. Always.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

As a representative of the yankee persuasion I'd just like to say that person does not represent the majority of us "up north".

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
              As a representative of the yankee persuasion I'd just like to say that person does not represent the majority of us "up north".
              lol, I was trying to refer to the land of the Maple leaf in a vague way. And I certainly don't think it's the whole country or anything! It's just being a border city, we get this a lot. There are many ways to get coupons through a smart phone (or even a regular phone which can text-message) however there are massive charges for using data in another country. Thus I get a lot of cat butt face and "doesn't your store have wifi??" No. The coffee shop across the street does, but you'd think I told them to hike across the Sahara desert.

XCashier: This time I don't know what she did. The coupon said 20% off total purchase, and it had all the exclusions, but no expiration or bar code. It didn't even have a code to redeem online... The closest thing I can figure is she went to the "take it with you" option, which lets you text the coupon to your phone but isn't the coupon itself. However that normally has a countdown which tells you when the coupon expires, and this did not. I mean, managers at our store will often make acceptations if it's a regular 40% or 50% off one item coupon. But that 20% was probably for Memorial day, and none of us had seen a new coupon with that discount. Plus she had a cart full, and much of her stuff was seasonal, so it was already 60% off. Our managers are very cautious about giving away the total purchase discounts without a valid coupon. I even saw our old DM tell a customer no.

bhskittykatt: Right? It's a terribly planned intersection. And now with the new stuff in the area it is even worse. And I don't accept a bad exchange rate as an excuse! I remember when it was almost at par, and that made things worse. I think it was because of sheer volume. Still, if I go north, I make darn sure I have everything I need. A friend told me he once had an electric job out on Point Roberts (google it, it's weird) and while there he lost his passport. I believe this was before enhanced drivers licenses. Or at least he didn't have one. Anyway, he couldn't find it, and it was a giant pain for him to get back into the US. He joked that it would have been easier to abandon his van and go by row boat.
              Last edited by notalwaysright; 05-26-2015, 10:55 PM.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The other times

I am Canadian, and I remember the short times when the Canadian Dollar was worth more than the American Dollar. I bet this same person did not go around at those times demanding that Americans take the Canadian Dollar at par then.

See: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=CAD&view=10Y
                Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 05-27-2015, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I was in that right hand lane (the one with all the cars), and another car was driving where the yield sign is, and honked because I didn't yield.
                  If they try that with a truck, either they'll yield or their side impact beams will.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  I hate those people too! Yes, the cutting counter is a nice big table, but we need all of that space. We can't cut your 72" wide felt if you've got all your notions, patterns, other odds and ends, coffee cup, giganto-purse, screaming toddler and your own arse parked on the cutting counter!!!
                  Would be nice to "not notice" their occupation of the cutting table and "accidentally" cut through something appropriate (not notions or patterns - they haven't bought them yet, not flesh, but their purse strap or their skirt are another matter). After all, the cutting table is where stuff gets put IN ORDER TO BE CUT.

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                  The reference to "land of rain-soaked coffee worshipers" leads me to believe OP is in the northern part of Washington State, so "up north" would refer to across an international border (and not the one Jeff Davis tried to create). Only one word for "sharp tug on a rope" would apply to them - "jerk" (which means they'd be going against the image of Canadians).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

To quote an old southern philosopher: There is no "north" in the US. We are all south of Canada.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      To quote an old southern philosopher: There is no "north" in the US. We are all south of Canada.
                      Alaska says hi. They're not south of Canada.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Same goes for Detroit.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Same goes for Detroit.
                          But wouldn't Canada and even Nunavut be south of the North Pole?

Using that logic, one could say we are all southerners, Ya'll.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            But wouldn't Canada and even Nunavut be south of the North Pole?

Using that logic, one could say we are all southerners, Ya'll.
                            But (despite what the Ruskies are claiming) the North Pole (both of them - geographic and magnetic) is in Canadian territorial waters. Canada being south of Alaska and Detroit involves an international boundary. Canada being south of the North Pole doesn't. Heck, Canada Post has even assigned Santa a postal code - H0H 0H0

Comment

Parts of Nunavut are further north than Alaska. And it may be when the old southern philosopher said that, Alaska was not yet a state.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X