This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It just never stops.

This year has kind of sucked. January through May have been incredibly busy, so much so that I'm feeling awfully burned out. I've taken what breaks I could, but the work has to get done. And this last month was nearly all paid-in-full-up-front work which honestly I don't really like, because I end up having months with no income to speak of, because I'm working on things that were paid for months before. And it's really hard to manage your money well enough to deal with making pretty much zip for a whole month.

Anyhow.

I finally got past this latest deadline, which was really quite a crunch, since it was much more detailed than my usual projects, but without much extra time to work with. And I look at the month ahead of me and it's going to be even worse, and I feel like I'm about to die because there's no give at all for more breaks between now and frigging December. Which would probably kill me, working like this for an entire year.

But thankfully two people ended up telling me to postpone their projects, hallelujah. So now I've got two lovely breaks I can take, and I can take my time a bit with other things, and I'm not going to die!

So I was feeling so awesome about the rest of the year... until my husband came home from work. He's losing his job. End of the month he'll be laid off. He's going on unemployment, but it's not the same, so there goes a big fat chunk of our income, and heaven knows when he'll be able to find another job. We've already made the move to dump all the non-essential expenses we can, but there's only so much trimming one can do. We were finally getting a little savings set aside, and now we'll probably end up draining what little we had, and it's enough to drive me crazy.

I finally got myself some stress-free time... except it won't be stress-free because now every minute I'm not working is going to feel like money we desperately need that I'm not getting. Gah. I hate this. Really, really, really hate it.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Don't forget, there are resources like food pantries and such. Hug?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Hang in there spark. You guys will pull through.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

*hugs, good thoughts and cookies!*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh goodness, Spark. I'm sorry. I know how that feels.

Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X