Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC called me "retarded" I'm sooo hurt.... NOT!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
    When Hubs and I were still dating, he was on his way home one night and ended up going through a police checkpoint. The officer asked for his ID, and Hubs apparently wasn't paying attention because he handed the officer his debit card. They both had a good laugh about it though.
    My mom accidentally did the opposite one morning in the drive-thru at Biscuitville (or was it Bojangles'? Can't recall which) but either way, she thought she was getting out her debit card to pay at the window and instead gave the cashier her license.

Cashier had a good laugh over that one, needless to say. But there again, it was almost 6 in the morning . . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Welcome and compliments on that comeback.
      BTW, if that SC was so smart, why no ID when he knew he would need it?
      He wasn't so smart, but he was a bully

Quoth pudddykat View Post
      <snip>. I said "Uh, sir you can't buy alcohol at self scan." I then pointed at the large sign. <snip>
      The self scans in my area will let you run alcohol through them. The cashier at the SCO station comes over to look at your ID, and punches in a code to let the transaction go through. YMMV.

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      I had a similar situation one summer, with a job, back in the mid-80's. the I-9 form had just been put into place (form every employee has to fill out to show they are a citizen, or have a green card, etc., i.e. legally able to work in the US). COmpany asked me for my SS card, which I had lost. So i looked at the form, and it said a Passport was a valid form as well. They tried to give me grief, saying the person in charge wanted a SS card. Ok fine, but the FORM says either is valid. They had to go to the president of the company, who said it was ok, and then grudgingly told me that, like I had created some sort of extra work for them!
      I went through something like this with the DMV in California. Their literature plainly said a birth card was OK, but the clerk wouldn't take it. She insisted on the actual birth certificate "that has the baby foot prints." Well, I didn't have it, my Mom did. I had to go home and get my passport, and she accepted that. The passport was expired.

I called Mom and she sent me my original birth certificate.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        My mom accidentally did the opposite one morning in the drive-thru at Biscuitville (or was it Bojangles'? Can't recall which) but either way, she thought she was getting out her debit card to pay at the window and instead gave the cashier her license.

Cashier had a good laugh over that one, needless to say. But there again, it was almost 6 in the morning . . . .
        At the library, I've tried to check out books with a debit card (librarian and I laughed about it). Then, at a nearby drugstore, I attempted to use my library card to pay for purchases (cashier and I had a good laugh about that one).
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          I went through something like this with the DMV in California. Their literature plainly said a birth card was OK, but the clerk wouldn't take it. She insisted on the actual birth certificate "that has the baby foot prints." Well, I didn't have it, my Mom did. I had to go home and get my passport, and she accepted that. The passport was expired.
          What??? The certificate I have with my foot prints from the hospital is just for show. My certified birth certificate from the state of Montana is embossed and printed on green paper. The green one is what I've always had to use for identification purposes.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
            What??? The certificate I have with my foot prints from the hospital is just for show.
            I had one official copy that had my footprints on it, but every other copy didn't have them. The certificate we got for our daughter from the hospital had her footprints on it, but it also was handwritten and had my maiden name (which is not her last name, for some reason my insurance wouldn't accept that I was married despite the fact that I had been married since before I got the insurance. I had to be admitted to the hospital under my maiden name since I had given up submitting documents with my married name). We don't actually have our daughter's official birth certificate, since it requires $20 and an hour drive to the probate court in the county the hospital was in, and we haven't needed it for anything yet.
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I've never seen an "official" certificate that had the foot prints. I've seen what's called Mother's certificates that the hospital gives that have these, but they are NOT official state granted certificates. I just checked and the 2 of my children born in PA do not have this. Nor do the 3 that were born in NC. Sadly there are ofttimes grossly misinformed (trying to be nice here and avoid 'incompetent') workers in .gov jobs.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                I've never seen an "official" certificate that had the foot prints. I've seen what's called Mother's certificates that the hospital gives that have these, but they are NOT official state granted certificates. I just checked and the 2 of my children born in PA do not have this. Nor do the 3 that were born in NC. Sadly there are ofttimes grossly misinformed (trying to be nice here and avoid 'incompetent') workers in .gov jobs.
                My brother and I both have the hospital documentation w/the footprints and gold seal - Mom framed those years ago and has them hanging on her bedroom wall.

We also have official copies of our birth certificates for official use - IIRC we've not been asked for the hospital copies - only a certified copy.

Not sure why an agency wouldn't take an official one issued by the county of birth?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The "footprint" versions of my kids' birth records clearly state that they are not official records and cannot be used in place of official birth certificates.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I always like the folks that don't have their DL with them, but they think if they can recite the DL#, that should be OK.

Comment

Quoth OneMoreTime View Post
                      I always like the folks that don't have their DL with them, but they think if they can recite the DL#, that should be OK.
                      Or the ones who say "But I have tattoos/small children!" and think that counts as ID.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                        He wasn't so smart, but he was a bully
                        To be fair he didn't know I was autistic so I wasn't really offended. I don't think he was being a bully just being an arse.

I have had worst insults thrown at me for similar reasons.

Comment

A ploy some people try is having a baby with them. Yes, some people "borrow" one's kid to fool cashiers into thinking they're legal, and it's probably the babysitter who does this. Very pathetic.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                            A ploy some people try is having a baby with them. Yes, some people "borrow" one's kid to fool cashiers into thinking they're legal, and it's probably the babysitter who does this. Very pathetic.
                            Having a child is no indication that you're old enough to buy cigarettes/booze (sad to say).

Comment

Considering how many people in my family have kids before hitting 18 (such as my mother. She was 17 when I was born), it's definitely NOT proof of age. Sorry, but having a child does not magically alter legal age requirements for certain items or age you up to that limit. The law does not say 18/21 "or if you have a child".
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                                The law does not say 18/21 "or if you have a child".
                                I hit puberty early (5th grade). I could've had a baby when I was still technically in elementary school. Yeah. Having a kid doesn't automatically mean you're old enough to even DRIVE.
                                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X