Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a customer come in the other day about a repossession contract on her car. She'd already paid the loan current and really just wanted written confirmation that we had canceled the repossession contract. As I was able to provide this without issue, she was nice to me.

Not so much the case earlier in the week, according to the collection notes, when the tow driver who came by looking to grab the car had a gun pulled on him. This, the customer vehemently disagrees with and, despite being nice to me, was full of leftover upset over the towing company "using illegal practices" to try to tow her vehicle that was securing the unpaid loan. She wanted to question me about the legality of the situation, but I cut off the conversation as I cannot talk anything legal, and have no idea on how repossessions are handled in detail, only how to get the loan current to cancel the repo.

Almost wish I'd let her go on in more detail as it might have been amusing as to why exactly she thought the manner in which the repo guy dealt with the situation was illegal. She was starting to bring up something about how he wasn't dressed "like a real towing guy" though....

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      If anyone should be ashamed here between you and me, it should be the Kia Motor Company.

They thought THAT shade of green looked good? And should be applied to tens of thousands of cars? Including the one you're driving? I thought that putrid "The-Hulk-Just-Blew-His-Nose Green" color went out in the 70's? It's bad enough that if I look away, I'm seeing a pink version of the same car floating in front of me for a few seconds.... but no, it's ME that's got the problem.
      Hahahahaha. I have a 2015 Kia Soul in that color. I love it... Husband despises it (the color not the car itself). Most reactions seem to be love it or hate it, no wiggle room.
      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Coming soon to every Rover and Bentley dealer: the new Marmite paint colour. Just like the real thing, you'll either love it or hate it. Take your pick.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          Coming soon to every Rover and Bentley dealer: the new Marmite paint colour. Just like the real thing, you'll either love it or hate it. Take your pick.
          Will the Australian models be available in a Vegemite paint colour?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Of course.

Vegemite Black, with red and yellow trim.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Naturally, the more expensive cars tend to, somehow, end up in the muddiest, sloshiest, standing-wateriest part of the lot. Gee, don't know why that is.
              I already loved you for your posts, your snarkiness, and your writing. But for this, dude, I SERIOUSLY love you! "Oh, another shiny Beemer? Put it in the Mud Lot!"

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              I can see the appeal of not having to be nice, but as a not-at-all-intimidating woman (I'm tall but have about as much muscle as Ichabod Crane), I couldn't do your job. People who are mad scare me.
              Size has nothing to do with it. Attitude has everything to do it. So while you couldn't do his job, it's because of your last statement, not your size.

A former manager of mine was all of 5'0", weighing in at just a bit over 100 pounds. Physically, not one would call intimidating. And yet, she was an absolute drill sergeant with the staff, cracking the whip often, and intimidating the much larger male cooks when she ran the line. And the front of the house staff didn't fuck with her either; if you ran afoul of her, she'd chew your ass like shredded wheat. Didn't matter if you were a hostess her size, or a 6'5" bartender. And she didn't take any bullshit from customers, either. She could be the sweetest thing, but if you wrongfully attacked her staff, she'd let you have it. Still one of the greatest managers I've ever had. And I could have easily lifted her over my shoulder with one arm. Well, if she wouldn't kick my ass for it.

Myself, I weigh in at 5'8", 160 pounds. "Judge me by my size, do you? And we'll you should not." I've had people much larger than me scared shitless of me. Ask some of my nieces' boyfriends.

Quoth BeeMused View Post
              In the last segment, though, someone drove off the yard happy, after beeing towed!

So yes, it does happen, sometimes customers drive away happy!
              I have actually been happy to be towed. One summer in college, I stupidly kept parking in a commercial lot next to the school, that had clear signs saying non-customers who parked there would be towed. I was well aware of the signs and the policy. And I gambled. And several times, I won. And then one day, I came back from my class to find my car....wasn't. It wasn't where I'd parked it, it wasn't in the pot, it wasn't anywhere to be found. It simply wasn't. It was gone. And I dialed the number listed on the "no parking" signs, and was overjoyed when they told me that yes, they'd towed my car! Why? Well, because I realized that the alternative to having been towed was far worse, and meant I wasn't getting my car back. But it wasn't stolen, merely towed, and while I didn't like my expensive lesson in gambling, I learned from it.

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Argabarga, for the ultimate in consistent failure, allow me to introduce... the Toronto Maple Leafs.
              No. Just NO. You cannot use a team that has won thirteen Stanley Cups (last one in 1967), qualified for the playoffs in the vast majority of their seasons (close to 70%), and was last in the playoffs in 2013 as a better example of consistent failure than the Cleveland freaking Browns, who have never won a Super Bowl, have never even been to a Super Bowl, have not won a league championship since 1964, have not been to the playoffs since 2002, and have only even qualified for the playoffs twice in the last 25 years. By comparison, in the same time frame, the Leafs have made the playoffs twelve times.

There are a few teams I will accept for consideration as potentially more consistent failures than the Browns. The Leafs? Not even close, my friend.
              Last edited by Jester; 07-09-2015, 03:20 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X