This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scolding Children: Some Tips

Hi everyone. So after many, many running-around-loose kids in my place of business, I've started scolding them. My usual line is "no running in the store, it's dangerous" (which I can say in both English and Spanish, in my very best Lifeguard Voice).

I've yet to have a parent get mad about it at my current store (the Spanish-speaking parents call their kids over right quick when they realize White Girl can speak Spanish....little do they know I only know a few phrases, muahaha) but it worked at my old store, and was great for dealing with irate parents during my lifeguard years when I was seen as a no-nothing teen.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Yeah, it's hard for the oblivious parents to get mad at you when you couch it in terms of looking after their kids' safety. "No running up the down escalator, it's dangerous!" "No climbing on the fountain, it's dangerous!" Then the parents can't say anything without looking like assholes who don't care about their kids. Great tactic.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
    X