Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought it was just me! My hair used to be so long I could almost sit on it. There was a guy who worked in the company cafeteria who would touch it and I was too shy to tell him to stop. Current me would take his arm off. Luckily he's long gone and my hair is much shorter now.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I'm funny about my personal space . . . if I do NOT feel comfortable, then respect my right to NOT BE TOUCHED.
      Hell, I don't even like getting a pat on the back from co-workers I've known for years, let alone a complete stranger. Old women seem to LOVE physical contact when they want to praise you for good service, and it's like, okay, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm forty years old...don't pat me on the back of the hand.

Comment

Back when I had the Mohawk I had two responses for the hair touching

1) Cute Girl - 'How you doin?'
        2) Anyone else - either a "fu*k off" or (in the case of the drunk guy who was swearing that it was a wig) a firm right hand to the jaw.
        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

I get compliments, but no one ever touches my hair. I guess I should be glad. I don't like to be touched.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oddly, my waist to buttocks length hair (depending on how long it's been since I chopped it) has not gotten the feelies since I've gone gray and gotten the Old Lady Frizzies.

Sob! So Sad not to be touched by perfect strangers... Notsomuch.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              Old women seem to LOVE physical contact when they want to praise you for good service, and it's like, okay, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm forty years old...don't pat me on the back of the hand.
              Old ladies are completely the worst. I think 90% of the time when I'm touched at work, hair or otherwise, it's a little old lady.

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
                "she gets to wear the pants, so I get to have the hair."
                With your permission, I am going to borrow that line now. That is awesome.

I have long hair now, balding on top. I rather like the way it looks. Luckily, I work nights so not too many people try and feel me up like that.
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                X