Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times do I have to tell you? We don't do that!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times do I have to tell you? We don't do that!

Customer service call today. Now, I know people out there will think it strange, but the CEO of our company does not allow credit card payments, nor payments on the company website. The only exception is if the customer's account is about to be suspended for non payment, and we bill a 3% fee for it.

SC: Hi, I'd like to pay my bill. What credit card do you accept?

Me: I'm sorry, but we don't accept any. We only take payments by mail, or ACH.

SC: What? When I made my last payment (four months ago), it was with my Visa.

Me: I am not sure how you did that, as we've never taken them in all my time here (7 years). And, your last payment was made with check number 12345.

SC: I've made credit card payments before! How did I do that?

Me: I really don't know, as it's a fact that we don't accept credit cards.

SC: OK, so can I use my credit card on your website?

Me: No, being as I said, we do not accept credit cards.

SC: I've done this before. How can I make my payment?

Me: Check by mail, or ACH.

SC: How have I been able to use my credit card before? (I'm really getting tired now)

Me: I've worked here seven years and we don't accept credit cards. We never have. I can email you the instructions on making a payment by mail, or ACH.

SC: No, I have the address. But why did it let me before?

Me: Ma'am, do you have an actual confirmation number, or some kind of proof that we took your credit card info?

SC: Yes, it's.........oh, wait a minute. This is a payment I made to my cable company. You're right, I just haven't paid my bill.

Needless to say, calls like this drain your energy, especially when you know you're right, and the customer insists otherwise.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 05-28-2015, 02:47 AM.

Needless to say, calls like this drain your energy, especially when you know you're right, ands the customer insists otherwise.
    Covers 90% of the calls I take, lately, just on general principles
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What's ACH?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Automated Clearing House. In this context: an ACH Debit means deducting a charge directly from the customer's bank without actually exchanging a physical check or presenting a card. In other words, the opposite of a Direct Deposit.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X