This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    Well, May 21st is my birthday, but nothing happened. Maybe if you behave yourself, the Rapture will get called off again so you can celebrate yours.
    So it was you who stopped the rapture?
    Good. I'm not ready to "go gently into that good night".
    I'll do what I can in October. I'll probably both behave and misbehave before that date.
    Happy birthday .

Comment

• I, obviously, am still here, given that I'm doomed to walk the earth for my sinful, sinful ways and my tendency to laugh at other peoples' misfortunes. That and I have an actual purpose to the end of the world, being the Pedestrian of the Apocalypse and all.

As I finally got into Twitter last week (I was going out of town and am now the proud owner of a Droid X smart phone), I was reading various humorous tweets about the whole Rapture thing. I believe the hashtags were #IfTheWorldEndsOnSaturday and #Rapture and #ApocalypseNo.

I did supply my own thoughts on things:

May 21
      #IfTheWorldEndsOnSaturday (which it won't) we'll all miss the chance to laugh in the faces of the gullible.

#IfTheWorldEndsOnSaturday I'm stealing pocket change from clothes abandoned in the Rapture.

Six o'clock and the Rapture appears to not have happened. What a shocker. We now return you to you regularly scheduled life, morons.

So the Rapture never came. Interested to hear @TheSilencePR spin that. Wait. Hear who spin it?

===========

Among my favorite tweets about the Non-Rapture:

@Lord_Voldemort7
      #iftheworldendsonsaturday at least that will save everyone from having to deal with the last two Twilight films.

@DeathStarPR
      #IfTheWorldEndsOnSaturday we didn't do it. Okay, fine. It was us. But you guys totally deserved it.

@IAmJericho
      I just saw Harold Camping and the poor guy looked so depressed. I told him to cheer up and that it's not the end of the world...

===========

As for why the Rapture actually didn't happen...

Well, here's one theory...
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• I'm here! A friend (K) on facebook posted on her status asking if eating crackers and drinking red wine would get her into heaven...
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• Kiwi, that photo is insane

Also, I wonder if the Pastor wants a ten-foot dong and a few hundred virgins (NSFW!!!!!) so badly? Otherwise why else would he say that the rapture is coming so soon?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• I am not here, in fact I've never been here. I am just a figment of your imagination. This is not the Mytical you are looking for.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                October 22nd is my youngest daughters' birthday.....the after Rapture oh noes.....
                All my family birthdays for the month of October are before the Rapture . . .

Dad is Oct. 1
                Brother's is Oct. 7
                Brother-in-Law is Oct. 9

So I guess Mom can forget about starting her "hazard pay check" (aka Divorced Wife's benefit from Social Security) in November.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Dad is Oct. 1
                  Hey! Me too!
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• speaking of birthdays

Dang I am still here (non-raptured I guess) and a year older.

*sigh* oh well lets see if we can make it to Halloween.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X