This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    What would you do if you found THIS notice on your door . . . .

[ATTACH]3030[/ATTACH]
    I would wonder how I would on the rapture list, seeing as im a gay sinner lol

Comment

Gah! The misuse of that word! "Rapture" is a noun, not a verb, you can't "rapture" something and you can't be "raptured". It's just not a word!!!!
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Is it evil to want to print and fill lout a bunch of those and sneak around sticking them up on the neighbors doors?
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          What would you do if you found THIS notice on your door . . . .

[ATTACH]3030[/ATTACH]
          That's hilarious! Where did you find that?

On a related note....Any rich folks out there reading this who believe Mr Camping, would you please send me your address and leave your front door unlocked? Thank you kindly.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            That's hilarious! Where did you find that?

On a related note....Any rich folks out there reading this who believe Mr Camping, would you please send me your address and leave your front door unlocked? Thank you kindly.
            Chronicle for Higher Education, a well regarded weekly newspaper for higher education professionals (web edition)
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              Butbutbut...if the world ends tomorrow I'll never get my digital forensics certificate!
              I wonder if I could set a world record and see how many fanfic stories I can finish writing and publish to my site before this happens.

But knowing my luck, I'll be online tomorrow.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                I'm hoping for a few job openings myself.
                Me, too!!!

*sigh*
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Butbutbut...if the world ends tomorrow I'll never get my digital forensics certificate!
                  Nonono. See, the world actually ENDS on October 22nd according to Camping. But how we're gonna cram seven years of Tribulation into five months is anybody's guess.
                  "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

meh if its supposed to start about 6pm EST tomorrow (the 21st) then I'm not to worried about my players not showing up for my game >.>

but I WILL miss my mommy
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I just screencapped this from Craigslist...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Craigslist rapture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	2029888
                      ETA: Just saw on the news that there's going to be an 'urban response drill' in various parts of Boston tomorrow.
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-21-2011, 03:41 AM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        I would wonder how I would on the rapture list, seeing as im a gay sinner lol
                        Well, if Fred Phelps is right, at least we can keep each other company.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                          So, if memory serves me and the Rapture really is the 21st, there should be people disappearing all over the world. Sign in if it's the 21st where you are and you're still with us.
                          35 minutes to go, and other than my cold, no ill omens or signs from above. Floods? Hell, not even a sprinkle here.

I wondered on Facebook how many Raptures THIS one makes, and someone checked their calendar and said it came to about 100....over the last 100 years.

Pardon me if I don't get a boner for this one.

Of course the good news is, you won't need it.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          Camping predicts the Rapture will actually start at 6pm local time on the 21st. Which means for us US based folks, the Rapture will start around midnight Eastern Standard time in those parts of the world where it is 6pm.
                          Okay, I'm confused. Does the Rapture start at 6 pm Eastern Time, and as with TV, everyone just has to adjust their times appropriately in relation to the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S.?

Or does each time zone get wiped out in hourly increments, as a wave of mutilation rolls around the globe?

Or--and pardon my confusion--does the above mean that the end of the world as we know it will occur at midnight in the Eastern Time Zone? I ask, as I happen to live there....for the moment. Unless, of course, this truly is the end.

If it's not, though, should we mess with the religious folk who believed it and go lay in the street and pretend we're dead?

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                          Is it evil to want to print and fill lout a bunch of those and sneak around sticking them up on the neighbors doors?
                          Holy shit, that's brilliant! I may just print some of those out tomorrow and give them out on the streets or in bars. Assuming we're still here, of course. I still can't figure out what time this is all going to happen, and whether or not it will fuck with my happy hour.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Tomorrow, the day of the Rapture, I start my online Wicca 101 class.

I just found that very amusing.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              Nope. Well. Maybe. I definitely would if I knew someone who believed it was going to be the rapture.
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I actually have a clipboard. Hhmmmm.....the possibilities.

Anyway, it's 12:05 Eastern Time. Which means one of 3 things.

1. I misunderstood, and it's not yet time for the Rapture.

2. I misbehaved, and I am not going to sit at God's right hand.

3. The Rapture has, once again, been rescheduled.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X