Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last cat I lost went deaf a few years ago, and he managed just fine until his time was up.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      The last cat I lost went deaf a few years ago, and he managed just fine until his time was up.
      Yeah, mine is doing just fine without the hearing also...it's me who has the hard time accepting it. She can't hear me call her anymore.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Snow did fine without her hearing. Even though she was an inside cat, I was very careful to make sure that she never got outside--too many idiot drivers and dogs to contend with. She seemed very happy at my house. Sadly, it wasn't to last. She had a heart attack about 6 months after I got her. She fell over while she was eating dinner. I cuddled her one last time, and she was gone Snow had a much happier life at my house...than she did at the shelter.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've volunteered at a shelter. The staff and volunteers do what they/we can, but there's a huge difference in quality of life at a shelter vs in a home.

I'm glad for Snow that she had you.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm sorry you only had Snow for such a short time, Protege But I too am glad that the last days of her life were happy ones thanks to you.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I know how this is, my Eddie-Dog passed after fifteen years. He was blind as a bat and frisky as a puppy up till about a month to the end.

Comment

Working...
              X